Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Three days with the final rise in individual containers in the refrigerator is good. It will last longer than 3 days and 7 worked ok. After that is is still good to eat but more difficult to stretch. That is my experience anyway.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-06-2014, 04:32 AM
Journeyman

So leave it out for 3 days and then put in the fridge on the 3rd in individual containers?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Master Builder

Hey Lancer - No. Make the dough, let it do the initial rise (an hour where I am) or until it doubles in mass and then divide it into individual dough balls (I use 290 grams) and put it into individual containers in the fridge.

Sorry if I was vague about but I knew perfectly what I was on about.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 AM
Journeyman

Thank you Greenman! Some sunny day I'll do exactly that.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day
Traditionally pizza was the first bread made when the oven was to hot for anything else and was the bakers breakfast.
With modern pizza places you have to have the dough on hand and in quantities that could meet the needs, do refrigeration was the go. And the added bonus was that the dough was better for its cold break in the fridge.
I working delivering pizza in the 80s with a young family the extra money came in handy. There was always today's, user, dough, then the one still rising in the fridge. You the calculated what was needed to replace it. 3 days in the fridge was the norm. There was nothing worse than handling fresh dough it was always harder to wrestle into shape and had a habit of forming huge bubbles on one side which the pizza cook would pinch out if he could find them before the pizza went in the oven. It was a commercial thing and those pizza would have to be remade which wasn't a bad thing as you got to eat the bad one.
If people are coming over I prep the dough over a number of days then freeze the remains . If its only us I prepare on the day. Its definitely better dough for the fridge time but still good enough fresh.
Regards dave
david s likes this.

My Build

My Door

Old 04-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Journeyman

Thanks cobbler, that's kinda what I thought. I'd rather not sell a pizza than sell one that isn't the best I can make it, and that goes double for eating one!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Journeyman

Sho is back on the oven I'm happy to say. Put in 2 courses today. Its pleasant just to see the cover off the thing again.

I've come up with an idea to split the project so we can get cooking sooner. The brick dome is 16" from the outer dome. I have a plan to build a fuel drier using the waste heat from the chimney. So, we build the outer dome with metal bar sticking out and build the drier on top when the oven is already working using the protruding bar.

One thing at a time, I'm hungry.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Lance,

Wondering where ya been. I guess you must have your new bricks now. How if your end of the world doing after the earthquake?

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Master Builder

Hey Lancer - Good to hear that you are making progress again.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 05-16-2014, 02:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Question Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

G'day Lancer
How's things in the Philippines ? We have missed seeing your progress reports of late.

Regards dave

My Build

My Door