Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Mortar work needs to be touched up and cleaned up with the wire brush. That does a great job cleaning. Don't have a pic of the inside of the oven yet but it looks good.

Sho thought this form out and did an excellent job with minimum materials. Sadly its not going out from the base to make an onion but what it will do is raise the height. With something over 4' in the oven level and under 4' in the drier level the total height will be over 8' from the bottom of the base. On top of that the chimney continues up a bit... Trying to enclose all that within an onion would be too much.

Pour is done. From this height I'm considering carrying the wall in a foot with a smooth arc and then going straight up to the top of the drier. There will be a poured floor in there and some shelves to hold the fuel.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day lancer
Your such a " global " thinker..... How could you run out of bricks.? Big thinking.
Your big and bold ... But I think you need to involve Sol.
He is your partner ...... The" nuts and bolts man" include him. He an asset. He complements you.
As always
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Journeyman

Sol the sun? We are waiting on him to dry the bricks. When the bricks are dried the potter will fire then, according to my understanding. Or Sho? He is involved in the construction, I'm involved in the design. Sho didn't tell me we were running out of bricks. A Filipino will almost never pass on bad news, even minor stuff. It will get built, and Sho has a week off because we're out of bricks.

You are right though, he's a great asset. Spent much of my work life swinging a hammer among other tools but masonry not so much. My bro in law being a mason is providence.

Thanks for your kind words cobbler. You and the other guys here make this possible in a big way. :b: We're like the tripod that supports this effort. You guys and your knowledge, Sho's hands on mason skills, and my design. Take away one leg of the tripod and we have nothing.

Last edited by Lancer; 03-18-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Laborer

Beautiful house and setting mate!

Love your pool!

keep up the good work!

Al
Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Bert!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:55 AM
Serf

Hey Lancer,

When you get your oven built, you won't need to send out for these in the mornings :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...-pandesal.jpg   Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...-pandesal2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Journeyman

Yeah Wambat, those look good! I can't wait...
Old 04-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Journeyman

Ninety bricks are ready but I think we'll wait until the coming week when all 200 are done.

In the meantime we've been building a walk in cooler for proofing dough. It will have an aircon stuck in the side and 8 inches of perlite insulation delivering R25. Basically 4" wide hollow block, 8" of space for perlite and then 2x3s and a hardiflex interior. Then as many shelves as we can fit.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Master Builder

Onwards and upwards. The scope of your project just keeps expanding. Gotta love a grand plan.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Journeyman

Thank you Greenman. I'm so immersed in the details I sometimes forget to love the project, "a grand plan". That takes the perspective of a long range view, like yours. Keeps me focused, above the daily grind. I really appreciate that.

Greenman, three days for dough, yes? Anyone?

Last edited by Lancer; 04-05-2014 at 05:01 AM.