Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Camera got wet and died. Wife has a tablet to take pics but I have no idea if I can download them to this computer.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Master Builder

Technology + Water = Heartache. Never fear, if you can find a USB cable to hook the things together you can usually get something happening. Did you try pulling the SD card out of the camera and reading it with the computer?

Most computers will recognise cameras, tablets etc as an external drive.

You probably know that anyway. But that's my .02 just to be sure. You have leaped bigger hurdles than this one!

Very interested to see how things are going.
oasiscdm likes this.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 01-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Camera got wet and died. Wife has a tablet to take pics but I have no idea if I can download them to this computer.

Hey Lancer i'll put my IT cap on. Use dropbox [up load to cloud ]then copy from cloud onto your computer. Or use your phone and do the same thing that's what I do kills a number of birds with one stone I have 3 copies of all my oven photos.

Can then access them anywhere.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Journeyman

Camera and them desktop died. Just got the comp fixed but the weather has been lousy, raining, windy. Very unPhilippines like. Hopefully next week is workable.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Journeyman

Weather is still crap. Reminds me of a blustery fall season on the East Coast. I have the option to rent the cement mixer though this would bring a pause to the oven, it would bring in some pesos.

Still I doubt I'll do that. Haven't heard from our carpenter whether he can work next week. As we've cut to 3 days a week I've told the guys to take work if they can find it. Also everything we do will now be exposed to the elements since we've stopped work in the garage (cleaning wood) as the water pump died and part of the cause was eating sawdust. Got a new one but... So we need nice days.

I've considered what has been said here about the insulation and am thinking of using the lava for the rocket stoves and buying perlite for everything above the floor of the oven. The brick floor needs a foundation which the lava rock set in refractory mortar provides. (Also the lava is surrounded by perlite) The outside of the brick dome, between the cooking dome brick and the onion dome can be pure 100% perlite. That's better than heating lava every time I start the oven, yes?

Perlite comes from Luzon and is pretty cheap for a monster bag. Doubt I'd spend $100 insulating everything above the floor. The floor itself has a combo of lava and perlite. Floor floor floor, insulate, its done.

Imagine a bunch of grey rocks (that float, lava) surrounded by a snow storm of perlite dust.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Lancer; 01-17-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Hey Lancer i'll put my IT cap on. Use dropbox [up load to cloud ]then copy from cloud onto your computer. Or use your phone and do the same thing that's what I do kills a number of birds with one stone I have 3 copies of all my oven photos.

Can then access them anywhere.
No speak this language. Comprehendo?
Old 01-17-2014, 02:23 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Technology + Water = Heartache. Never fear, if you can find a USB cable to hook the things together you can usually get something happening. Did you try pulling the SD card out of the camera and reading it with the computer?

Most computers will recognise cameras, tablets etc as an external drive.

You probably know that anyway. But that's my .02 just to be sure. You have leaped bigger hurdles than this one!

Very interested to see how things are going.
The wife may do something like this, she gets comps more than I do.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:25 AM
Journeyman

If one of you guys would come and drink beer with me and bring a camera you could take this weight from my shoulders. As is, if you get a pic consider yourself blessed. It took me an age to figure out how to post pics at another site with the old camera.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Cool Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Gudday Lancer
There would be nothing more than I could think off at this moment than enjoying a San Mig, and watching that moon rise. We're basically in the same time zone so the moon would be at the same phase.
As for your computer worries.... Trust me I'm not the one really to help.. Much.
I'm pretty basic as that goes.
In the past you have posted great shots but just get the wife to post some on her tablet . They might not be as fancy .. But what the heck.
Anyone that views then will click on them and bring them up to size.
Just thinking about it after work tomorrow I will get me a 6 pack of San migs ... I wonder if they taste the same as my memories,? Is the export one the same ?
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 01-17-2014, 04:21 AM
Journeyman

Cobbler, I think it depends on how old it is. Fresh beer is always better as far as I know. SanMig works through the system here in a week or two so its always new.

I think its a safer bet if you come here and I open one for you over the bar...

Next big party that I know of will be April 3, or a weekend close, my birthday and that of Abby, our adopting daughter. Planning on having a pig on a spit and a hot pizza from the oven...I hope. Things need to start happening though. Hope you can make it. Good times, I'll tell ya mate!

Last edited by Lancer; 01-17-2014 at 04:45 AM.