Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 04:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Gudday
I thought the worst, cause we had not heard from you for so long......should have known you had been partying

Regards Dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Journeyman

The potter said one month on the bricks, but more like two. We used the time wisely Dave.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, you know how to host a "BIG" party...........looking forward to seeing the bricks go up.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Journeyman

Yep Utah, me too. Man I'm tired of looking at the base just sitting there. We need to start on the lava first, and cutting that might be interesting but it needs to fit together like the pyramids to really be a good insulator.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Journeyman

Had a 7.2 quake yesterday, an interesting experience. Family is okay, house and oven survived, thank you God. Oven is getting close to starting back up. We recently took delivery of 4 cubics of white limestone. We plan on turning some of into quicklime for the mortar and some into whitewash for the fence and a few hollow block walls. Everyone is off looking to their own situations after the quake, they'll get back when they get back. Then we have 2 small projects for Sho before we cook the first of the lime.

Pics of the disaster...

https://www.google.com.ph/search?saf...2F%3B950%3B577

Last edited by Lancer; 10-16-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Glad that you and yours are ok, never even heard about it on the news.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Journeyman

I thought it would surely be covered in Australia considering all the Aussies that come here, oh well.

It was one of those days in my life that I will always remember. We were in the 3rd story study and Dolores and I brought the kids out to the top of the spiral stairs post where it went on and on, every thing in motion. Everywhere sounds, things falling, glass breaking, and the post swaying like it was alive. We rode it out on top of this post...

Its maybe 3 meters deep, has a wide, heavy base and is 16" thick. I had long ago picked it as my 'go to' in an Earthquake.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Glad to hear that everyone is ok.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:41 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Glad to hear that everyone is ok.
We are, and thank God for that. Thank you for your kind thought oasis.

The beautiful church of Loon (Low-on) close to the epicenter. People who lost everything, lost their church too.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Master Builder

Hey Lancer - looks nasty. No coverage in Australia but it is good that you and your family are ok. The more attractive the place you live the more dangerous it often is. I hope your community recovers quickly and well.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics