Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Pictures please?

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Journeyman

I'll work on that for you oasis, but first I want to get the 8" walls done and start on the multiple rocket stove build. Right now the WFO looks like the last pic with 5" of concrete poured over the plywood, not much different. Hope to pick up some bricks on Saturday and start the stove project on Monday. Wife really wants her new stoves. Right now the weather is rainy so not much going on.

What do you guys think of 300 brick for a 54" interior WFO 27" high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Floor is poured and next is the 8" walls. Ordered 300 brick, don't know how many I'll actually need. Planning a cooking area with multiple brick rocket stoves so I'll likely order 200 more in the coming days. At 23 cents a piece its doable. Also ordered 10 (cement bag sized) bags of clay and 4 of silicate. Likely I'll get more silicate to glue the rocket stoves together.

Last edited by Lancer; 07-22-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 AM
Master Builder

Lancer

Step by step photos are important [in my opinion]. Your build is unique, and very different from most after all you are building an onion. Sharing photos of even the most irrelevant of steps, allows everyone to see where you are at.

The more the merrier. Too many only post milestone photos and the process of the build is missed. mistakes and wins along the way.

my view post anyway.

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Journeyman

Sure, okay. Really not much if anything is going to change on the oven real soon but if it does I'll take some pics before during after. That way you'll see how it is now as well.

Thing is, I'm about to start another project that you guys might be interested in, a series of brick rocket stoves built into one large stove. I'm thinking of running a couple burners off of one fire box, and trying all sorts of stuff I've never seen before anywhere.

Turns out my wife needs to go to Tagbilaran tomorrow so I'll see if I can get stove bricks and silicate tomorrow. The oven bricks will take a month. I'll be starting the stove as soon as the roof over the outside kitchen is complete and the carpenter will be working on that tomorrow. The oven, once the 8" wall is done has to wait for the 300 ordered bricks. After talking to the potter I decided to let him fire the bricks.

So, I'll be getting off my arse pretty soon, and I'll bring the camera and post lots of pics of everything, oven, outdoor kitchen, soon.

Last edited by Lancer; 07-23-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Master Builder

Having had nothing to do with rocket stoves I will watch with interest. I had a look at them on the internet after they were mentioned on here earlier and they look interesting. I thought of the possibilities with firing a grill with them.

Sounds like you are full on with the project. Looking forward to becoming informed.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Journeyman

Greenman, I also look forward to becoming informed. Right now I'm working with theory which is really pretty simple compared to what you guys have done with your WFO's. Applying the theory, well I've got loads of ideas and I'm all excited to get started BUT!...

Someone bought the pile of bricks that were sitting at the potter's place. He had 4 bricks left an a humble little stack which leaves me 196 (aprox) short. So, we added 200 more to our order of 300 bricks and in roughly a month they'll be done. Life teaches patience in oh so many ways.

So, I'm home from a long day driving and having a beer. :cheers:
brickie in oz likes this.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Journeyman

Pics of where we are stuck until the bricks, clay, silicate, are ready to pick up. Then we have to slake some limestone...nevermind, pics...

Abby is 4, and getting ready to go to school. Her assignment was drawing triangles. "Did one Tie? Dis one?" Then I had to view the triangle (usually) that she made and tell her if it was good. I'm pretty easy going and some interesting designs are now added to the definition.

Can see the plywood which contains the now poured 9" walls. Added an inch because the 5" we had plus the 8" planned came out to 13", a big nono around here. Any of you guys superstitious? Well not as much as these folks are. A mate put 13 pin lights in the ceiling of his kitchen purely without thinking. Once informed uf the unlucky omen he took one out and replaced it with a white one and told everyone that it was Jesus and the twelve apostles. The ladies are happy to work in the kitchen now.

Sorry, the deck is a bit of a mess... Gary is interested in the goings on. Wondering if I'm going to take him for a swim.
brickie in oz likes this.

Last edited by Lancer; 08-02-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Journeyman

So there it is with the hole in the middle and poured floor which trends down slightly to the hole, all encompassed by the 9" walls for containing the pumice. Abby there too...

"What's disTie?"

Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
So there it is with the hole in the middle and poured floor which trends down slightly to the hole, all encompassed by the 9" walls for containing the pumice. Abby there too...
Thats one b i g oven.......

Old 08-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Journeyman

Pic of the wood support to contain the pour. As long as Abby holds it up (plus a temporary wood support) everything works. Good girl!

That's it!