Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Karangi Kitchen 48inch ready to start

Doug
That looks great... looks like time well spent....If you do feel you have to much time on your hands you could always come up and do some of your cooking for me

Regards Dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Doug,

You are a man of all talents, oven building, cooking, and now carving. Show the better half your potato boxes and she said we gotta try!

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Master Builder

Great work Doug,
Reminds me of a cheese course/workshop where a guy modified a fridge thermostat so it would maintain a good.temp for growing/developing cheese. You've gone one better.and added a heating component. I can imagine your next version having an automatic humidifier fitted

Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Doug,

Such an innovator, great idea, now I need to look for an old refrigerator........my list of pizza accessories keeps growing and filling up the garage.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi KD,

Planning my outer arch so I decided to review your build again on how you did it. Looking to do something similar but have a couple questions if you would be so kind to help.
1. I was wondering why the offset height between the inner and outer arch? Was it because you wanted full thickness front arch for looks or structural? Or was it due to the reveal and you just shifted the outer brick at full thickness outwards?

2. Did you buttress the outer arch. I am not going much higher that you did with a brick chimeny then placing a double 3' double wall SS vent pipe on top. Trying decide in butressing is necessary. Doing an igloo so trying to pleasing to the eye.

Thanks,

BTY really like your cooking thread.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-03-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Doug,

I look at your pictures closer and now I realize there are really three arches. Inner dome arch, outer vent arch and the decorative brick arch. Just to make sure I understand your recommendation, you would make the reveal 2" instead of 1" so by narrowing the decorative arch for drafting would not affect putting the door straight on instead of having to lay sideways?? Thanks for getting back.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-04-2012, 06:21 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks alot, now to lay it out...

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Doug,

Me again, one more question, as I am designing my decorative arch, I read on another thread that you wished you had "not" married the vent arch with the decorative arch with mortar because of the crack you got in the decorative arch. Do you still have the same thought of leaving a thermal expansion gap between the vent arch and the decorative arch?

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks for getting back. I think I have it dialed in now.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Doug,

That is really cool. Your spread downunder must be the equivalent of the US SouthFork for the old TV show Dallas.......Nice touch to a welcome to the Karangi Gourmet Kitchen!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log