Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Just joined and plan to build oven

If you can, slope your supporting slab down to the outsides slightly so water will not be encouraged to penetrate to the vermicrete slab.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Serf

Default Re: Just joined and plan to build oven

Thanks Dave that's a good idea so I will slope my slab slightly to remove excess water.
I picked up my vermicrete yesterday .Gee it pay's to shop around one place wanted $52.00 for a 100l bag of grade 3 and finished up getting it from Elders for $19.00 per bag .
While in Brisbane I purchased my insulation blanket from Morgan Thermal Ceramics .they had a very small over in there warehouse that had seen better day's (as it lives on a pellet and gets moved by forklift when needed) but I was interested to see how they mounted the Thermometer

They had a small tube going through the side of the oven approx. 3 quarters of the way up the side of the oven just over the cooking position .They then can insert a thermometer in to monitor the temp .Is putting a tube about 8mm inside diameter right through the oven wall advisable .

Chris