Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 04:55 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: house brick for stand, quick quetsion

Hey Croc - I missed your post and question. I am not sure what temp the flue would get to if you only had a single pipe. I suspect that it would push the limit of your silicone but that would depend on how intense the fire was and how much flame was going up the flue. I also suspect that there would be a margin built into the rating of the sealant. For me, I would give it a crack and keep an eye on how it was handling the heat.

Just my thoughts. Your build is looking good, you should be happy with that.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 12-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Laborer

Hi Croc
Looking good, might be a mute point now, but I used a 225mm galvanised vented outer flue over Ben's supplied 7" 175mm stainless steel flue and a black dektite sealed with roofing silicone.
Attached Thumbnails
house brick for stand, quick quetsion-d7k_7174.jpg   house brick for stand, quick quetsion-d7k_7177.jpg  

My Door -

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Old 03-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Apprentice

had few parties since before xmas and all was great but real test was tonight.
15 people, 20 pizzas later and i'm happy to report oven worked really well.
to play safe as we had few days with bit of rain i started up around 2pm, around 3:30pm i could start cooking even without going too heavy on wood but already had easy ~1000F and dome cleared, i kept it alive with couple of small logs till party started and this is where i really enjoyed the oven, couple of fresh pieces of wood on left side to bring up temperature to just over 900F all around and ~1000F at the very top of the dome, hit the floor with large peel to remove ash and started cooking my pizzas.
all the way till 10:30pm i had nice temperature for my pizza, with virtually zero work or worry just from two arm size pieces of wood i was cooking for over 4 hours maintaining 800-900F temperature, only work was having to make decision on what toppings should go on next pizzas in line.
if my slab didn't crack i would be even more happy and it seem liteceeper had same problem so not sure if design/building methods info could be improved or maybe instructions on curing but even with the couple of issues that we had to face i have to say oven is fantastic i would build it again and cracks as big as they are they don't matter when you busy cooking and eating pizza with family