Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: cobblerdaves build

Dave that oven looks amazing well done.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Master Builder

That looks good Dave. Congratulations. Every new oven has something fresh to it and something that has been shared by others. That's evolution I suppose.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xene View Post
Wow! I love the igloo bricked, I had considered that in my build but I knew I couldn't pull it off and I was so sick of cutting brick by the time I got that far that I went with the stucco. Love the door and the recycled brick and your doors below are awesome too, which reminds me, I still need to have my lower door made; I've been too busy with pizza making to even think of it. I like your aesthetic.
Gudday
Thanks goes to you Zene for the inspirational build . I saw your brickwork old brick mismatched colours ,vertical and horizontal layers, soft and hard. The dome I would never match that tile work. But it stuck in my mind.
V-Wiz did the brick veneer bit. And I thought yes this is possible!
I brought at the princely some of $10 another 75 odd bricks of some kids near home to complete the project with what I had left . (Yes the boys organized a barrow and helped load so there father excepted they had earned an extra $10 for there efforts)
Like Gulf says using" old brick is like working with stone " I am very pleased with the results. I do like old bricks.
I know its taken a few years to get from a functioning oven which was basically a dome with a square box on the front. Buts its been worth it .
Again my thanks
Regards dave
Xene likes this.

My Build

My Door

Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wink Re: cobblerdaves build

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarA View Post
Dave that oven looks amazing well done.
Gudday Oscar
Great to see your still around , I've always thanked you for you inspiration on my arch off course.
Couple of mths a ago a friend put me on to a new recipe for pizza dough using potato. I had a look ... Be bugg@ed it was your recipes that I had tried at a friends place after reading about it from you . The same post we had talked a out so long ago. Your uncle? Had insisted on potatoe in the dough. It was still on the net
Had a laugh ... My mate had eaten that same dough out of the freezer at my place ...never realised
Anyway how are you and yours ... Well I hope
As always
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 09-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
That looks good Dave. Congratulations. Every new oven has something fresh to it and something that has been shared by others. That's evolution I suppose.
Gudday
Thanks .... Really thanks .. You have ... Well I recon the best and smoothest dome I have seen! And your encouragement of the newbie builders ...measured but positive
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 09-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Oscar
Great to see your still around , I've always thanked you for you inspiration on my arch off course.
Couple of mths a ago a friend put me on to a new recipe for pizza dough using potato. I had a look ... Be bugg@ed it was your recipes that I had tried at a friends place after reading about it from you . The same post we had talked a out so long ago. Your uncle? Had insisted on potatoe in the dough. It was still on the net
Had a laugh ... My mate had eaten that same dough out of the freezer at my place ...never realised
Anyway how are you and yours ... Well I hope
As always
Regards dave
Hi Dave, yes I still come to this site from time to time.
That pizza recipe seems to be getting around lol. It was my brother inlaw that suggested I add potatoes to the recipe which I'm glad I listened to.

Your oven really is impressive and has me thinking I should do something about mine. Mine is still unfinished and really needs me working on it ASAP. My wife has been patient as it's not an eye sore but it could be so much more. You've inspired me so with Spring now here it's time to finish it off.

Hope all is well.. Oscar
Old 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Apprentice

Beautiful final transition to an arch!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirassou View Post
Beautiful final transition to an arch!
Gudday
Thanks for the kind words, I was rather chuffed to pull it off.
I'll point you to " 82 cm build in Bugaria" in the Oven photos Section . Now that's a real classic and he did that with an angle grinder!
I found you pics, your doing well, but where's you build thread?
Regards Dave

My Build

My Door

Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Apprentice

Should be in my signature now

Link to my pictures

Old 12-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday
Attachment 35756
A bit more progress I'm getting to like the effect more and more. I'm getting to the top of the dome now and the tighter circle has me using alternate 1/2 and 1/4s . Going to have to start cutting some angles on the brick though those gapes are getting bigger. Was a bit worried that the vent plug would not end up in the middle but whichever luck or good management it seem to be true enough. I cannot remember how I actually centred it when I fitted it.
Well back to the tools ..... You can't beat a Brisbane autumn day
Regards dave
cobblerdave, 1/2 and 1/4th what? Brick? Yet they look about the same...