Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Camo's new 36" build Brisbane

So this morning went out to have a look at her and found a couple of cracks
The first one runs vertical for about 10cm right at the back of the oven in the mortor from the botton brick upto the top of the second brick (see first picture)
The second is a small crack in one brick (second picture)
The third one is on the outer arch under the chimney.

Any thoughts ????

I've still got to do the decorative arch on the front of the oven and could do something about that one but the two inside the oven I can't do anythng about them (saw a lot worse in m any ovens when I lived in Italy !!!!!)
Attached Thumbnails
Camo's new 36" build Brisbane-ians-phone-017.jpg   Camo's new 36" build Brisbane-ians-phone-018.jpg   Camo's new 36" build Brisbane-ians-phone-015.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
Drive thought late afternoon near were you live and I could smell woodsmoke and I thought of your oven. Sounds now like it probably was yours.
Those cracks are hairline only! I know everyone says not to worry about them but it must be hard after all your efforts to build the best oven possible.
They will not go away but they will not get worse and they definitly fade from your memory in time.
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday
Drive thought late afternoon near were you live and I could smell woodsmoke and I thought of your oven. Sounds now like it probably was yours.
Are you stalking ovens now Dave?...........

Old 06-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Apprentice

Hey Camo, I know how you feel .I bet if all the people on this forum posted pics of the inside of there ovens you would see some cracking in most if not all of them.

Its a good thing we dont build boats hey.

Last edited by Wayne73; 06-14-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Laborer

Thanks for all the support guys - I'm not that worried really - I've got the oven at approx 450 degrees (about 850 F) at the moment and I'm loving it - It certainly wont fall over and I'm sure the pizzas will be just as great . Only problem is I haven't bought a pizza paddle yet !!!!!
Dave, next time poke your head over the fence and we might be able to have a beer together
Cheers

Camo

Any suggestions on where to get the best pizza peaddle ????
Old 06-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camori View Post

Yeah, make your own.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camori View Post

Robins Kitchens sell ones for about $20 made from bamboo which are pretty good, probably made in China like everything else, Making your own takes more time than you would think. I use 19mm pine and shape using a jigsaw and a 5" angle grinder with a flap disc. Takes more than $20 of work though.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Camo
I have one of those robins kitchen bamboo specials and as Davids says you can't make it for the price. I brought that at Wynnum Plaza
I got my aluminium peel for a caters supplier can't find an address for you but its in Brunswich st fortitude valley. As you come off the bridge and head towards the RBH it on the left. I'll try to find out a name and address mon on the way to work.
The peel was worth about $50 which I thought was reasonable. They also had a smaller round turning peel as well at about the same price from memory.
I live in manly west as well up near the bowling club so it wasn't to hard to figure you probably lived near the workies club by the background of photos nothing more specific than the house type.
So I'm not trying to stalk its just .....local knowledge.
If you do want to contact me my e-mails in my details
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 06-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Serf

Got the aldi catalog today and next week they have bamboo peels that look like you could attach a handle to + pizza knife, $7.99 each.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Master Builder

I picked up one of those Aldi ones today. Looks perfectly ok and for the price............

Still going to make one though but this is a good shape for a template.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics