Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: blue gum suitable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
It doesn't matter where we go or what we do there is something lurking out there just waiting to inflict a pitiful slow painful excruciating malaise up on us.
Whats out there lurking, is just trying to survive and doesn't give a good Hot Damn about mankind!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally posted buy Greenman: It doesn't matter where we go or what we do there is something lurking out there just waiting to inflict a pitiful slow painful excruciating malaise up on us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
Whats out there lurking, is just trying to survive and doesn't give a good Hot Damn about mankind!
And the older you get, the less you have to worry about the slow part .
SpottedFrog likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Serf

I think you will find all gums are suitable.

Before our time the natives of the land used to all sort of gum for cooking.

Probably best to steer clear of old timber light poles as they are treated with arsenic! still have seen people loaded up with them for fire wood at home!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
Aren't we a cheery lot ... Killer Grevillea , and I will never lick another lamp post again....
Seriously what can you burn in the WFO ..., anything except treated wood ,lamp posts and grevillea.... After that its open slather.
I save the best of my wood for the end of the burn or for when I have fire in the oven cooking. Till then as long as its seasoned it all heat into the refractory as far as I'm concerned . Radiate pine , palm fronds, garden limbs , tree falls , bamboo, the remains from the neighbors renovation and a church demolition have all been burnt to WFO gods. I never bother with "store bought" timber you always have to split it into smaller bits anyway as you don't need logs only wrist thick pieces....max!
Anyway a little commons sense and you'll find a safe source of timber locally
Regards dave
Greenman likes this.

My Build

My Door

Last edited by cobblerdave; 08-01-2013 at 09:34 PM.