Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Bathurst Build 100cm ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Congratulation rosemary
Well done! What did you have boy or girl ? How big ? When ? And pics of mom and baby ....please
Regards dave
Pics of MOM......really! Rosemary lives in Australia Dave, getting clucky are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Rosemary
My comments were purely innocent, if I have caused any offence I truly apologize .
Brickie
I can not comprehend why you would make such a comment

My Build

My Door

Old 12-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just winding you up Dave.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

A pic of the new arival is not too much to ask. In fact, most of us would jump at the request to show off our pics of the kids . Or, in my case grandkids. I'll break the ice with my youngest.

A spittin' image of his pop pop .
cobblerdave likes this.

"There is a snake in the garden."
Old 12-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Laborer

Actually I had tried for a picture but the phone failed
Attached Thumbnails
Bathurst Build 100cm ish-image.jpg  
cobblerdave and Gulf like this.

My build so far

Starting out collecting info and materials

Old 12-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Laborer

Poured(patted blobbed squished) the vermicrete surround this morning. Just like making chocolate crackles. It truly is weird stuff to work with. We found this type of hoe worked really well to mix it. Really pleased with the result so far. Next is making some form cleaning up the recycled fire bricks and tiles. Also time to start cutting.
Attached Thumbnails

My build so far

Last edited by SpottedFrog; 12-15-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Laborer

Here is the hoe photo
Attached Thumbnails

My build so far

Last edited by SpottedFrog; 12-15-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Laborer

Turned up some great ideas over the last few weeks of scouring the threads. We are using a mitre saw from Bunnies. Cheap as chips only $100 bought a diamond blade and using a few suggestions have come up with a great set up. Pedestal fan to blow the dust away from the motor. Garden sprayer to spray a fine mist to cut down on dust and keep the blade and brick wet. Soak the bricks of course. And Hubby (Glenn) added a dog "cone of shame" to further protect the motor from dust. Don't have a picture at the moment but will post one later. Also had a bit of left over vermicrete so dumped it into Chinese food containers to make mini bricks splits. Thought I might use them in a door???
I've been thinking of adding some beer bottles to the out side of the done between the blanket layer and the perlcrete vermicrete layer. They should provide voids which will be great insulation. I've seen houses built with this incorporated before.
Going hunting today for an old Pyrex pie dish. I love these door people have made with the windows. Going to give making one of those a go they look awesome.
Also wanted to say thanks to whom ever it was that posted the drawing of the brick cut in three for the dome. We did a test run and it looks like it will work for our dome. If anyone knows who originally posted pleased let me know I can't find the post. I hunk it was Dmun.
Attached Thumbnails
Bathurst Build 100cm ish-image.jpg   Bathurst Build 100cm ish-diamond-saw-setup-1-0a.jpg  

My build so far

Last edited by SpottedFrog; 12-17-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Spelling and more info
Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Apprentice

Make sure you wash down the saw well each day and spray with Knox and it will be like new when you finish
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Laborer

Hi Toomulla,
Yeah we are with you on the washing the saw down after use. But not sure what Knox is? Is it a WD40 or silicon spray?

My build so far