Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 04:49 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Bacterium's 2nd build

Found some perlite from last build, to fill my thermal break.

Went to see my mum (mother day)... dad and me got stuck into cutting up a pile of wood I've had drying out.

Tried getting flue through roof tonight but too much rain, hopefully tomorrow night

.......so itching to start curing fires. Just on this. Dome is noticeably dry as I've had it rugged up during rain and tarp off when warm weather and wind about. Probably been that way for at least 2 weeks. Wonder if I need to do much curing at all. Basically it won't have its blankie on yet but maybe curing fires during the week and pizza on Saturday night.

Over the next few weeks I'll work on blanket and render....so would obviously cure then to some degree.
Attached Thumbnails
Bacterium's 2nd build-5-inner-thermal-break.jpg   Bacterium's 2nd build-6-thermal-break-outer.jpg   Bacterium's 2nd build-7-wood-load.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 AM
Master Builder

Hi Damon

Looking good. You must be chuffed.

My Build -
Old 05-12-2013, 05:12 AM
Master Builder

Definitely feel like its coming together now.

......nearly had the flue in but got sick of putting the corrugated iron sheet back on 4 times between showers.
was almost going to put my rope/harness on but was way too hard.....a glass of red got the better of me

Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Master Builder

Here here for the red.. I had too pull the few bricks up that I layed today. Need to rethink the mortar, the bricks suck the shit out of it. Might go back to soaking them more.

My Build -
Old 05-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Apprentice

Looking good Damon, Im not to far behind you
Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Master Builder

Fought the rain and got my flue in last night..it was getting late but I went for broke and did a small paper and cardboard fire to celebrate..........wife was laughing.......but I was stoked!!!!!!

Ugghh smartphone won't let me load the pic...

Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 AM
Master Builder

2nd fire tonight.....pic is of fire last night
Attached Thumbnails
Bacterium's 2nd build-1st-fire.jpg  

Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

On the home stretch, nothing like a fire to know you are almost there.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-14-2013, 04:51 AM
Apprentice

Great stuff Damon, get out the marsh mallows.

Last edited by Wayne73; 05-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Master Builder

thanks guys.....

yeah the kids mentioned marshmallows, good idea.....think I better do it for next fire.