Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Adelaide WFO Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
In our little neck of the woods we call this "hobo" or sometimes "river" coffee. We don't use fine ground, though. A few egg shells boiled in with the grounds helps them settle out
The shape of the pot helps a lot, with the pot I bought you can decant the coffee off and leave most of the grounds in the pot. It has a wide flat spout that allows you to easily see when you're starting to pour the grit.

I've never made coffee this way before, I've always used a machine / percolator / cafetiere. I'm quite impressed with the results.

Managed to get a bit more of the kitchen made today. I knocked up some doors for the work counters. I used some kapur screening to match the bench seat I made. This is a teak like hardwood from Malaysia.

I made up a basic steel box frame and welded it to the flat bar that I cast into the underneath of the work surface. I also fixed it to the wall using fischer bolts. I then welded the hinges to the frame and fixed the doors. I still need to sand and oil the doors but I think that the kitchen area is really starting to come together now. I'm well pleased with the results.

The only remaining thing is to make the right hand counter top. This is a bit trickier to cast than the first one as I am going to inset the gas hob from the BBQ in it. I will probably cast this one in a box and then mortar it in place Once this is done I can then think about what kind of finish I want on the tops. I found out about concrete polishing - this is a simple as hiring a polisher for half a day so might give this a go once the second top has had time to cure a little.

Here's some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Adelaide WFO Build-img_2625.jpg   Adelaide WFO Build-img_2624.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.