Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Australia (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/)
-   -   40" Corner oven in Manor Lakes - West Melbourne (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/40-corner-oven-manor-lakes-west-18635.html)

vanoontour 11-20-2012 05:41 PM

40" Corner oven in Manor Lakes - West Melbourne

5 Attachment(s)
Well after much thought and reading here I finally made the decision to build an oven. It will be a 40" corner installation with a 20" dome. 19" wide and 12-13" high entrance. The base has storage for the lawnmower and wood pile. The long edges are 1800mm and the cut off on the front is 1100mm. Will photos as the build progresses.

Any questions or if you see any issues please let me know.

Dan

cobblerdave 11-23-2012 08:11 PM

Re: 40" Corner oven in Manor Lakes - West Melbourne

Gudday
Welcome Dan , I can see from you pics that you have done your homework well nice work. Keep your pics coming and ask lots ......it's always good to have the support
Regards Dave

Johnny the oven man 11-23-2012 10:26 PM

Having a mower under a WFO = kaboooooom!
Dont start it up until ya move the mower.

UtahBeehiver 11-24-2012 06:04 AM

Nice concrete and block work. Keep sending pics.

Laurentius 11-24-2012 11:14 AM

Hey Johnny,

Why would a mower cause an explosion? The autoignition point of gasoline is 280C or 536F
while the flash point is -43C or -45F. Unless he has an ash slot, where live coals can ignite the gasoline he has nothing to worry about. If he stores wood under his oven it will ignite at 250C. If he's getting that degree of heat lost from his over he should rebuild, its a heat sink.

Johnny the oven man 11-24-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurentius (Post 142152)
Hey Johnny,

Why would a mower cause an explosion? The autoignition point of gasoline is 280C or 536F
while the flash point is -43C or -45F. Unless he has an ash slot, where live coals can ignite the gasoline he has nothing to worry about. If he stores wood under his oven it will ignite at 250C. If he's getting that degree of heat lost from his over he should rebuild, its a heat sink.

Vapours are my main concern, along with the possible sparks etc. not a real wise move, but would be OK if its not stored whilst WFO is in use.

Les 11-24-2012 06:48 PM

That would have to be one bad ass nasty spark to jump out of the oven, go up and then back over the dome (enclosure?), drop down and ignite the possible vapors. If that happened - it was destiny. If Dan is going out, it's more likely from choking on bad pizza ;)

Laurentius 11-25-2012 12:28 PM

Les, you can also choke on Good Pizza.

vanoontour 11-25-2012 06:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more picks of the top slap reinforcing. To support the counterlever corner it is supported by a piece of solid I beam.

Also got the insulating boards down and started butting the floor bricks.

re: spark igniting the petrol gases, as the entrance is diagonally opposite the entrance to the oven, and the spark (providing is still glowing) will then need to go into the storage area. So,thanks for your concern but its a risk I am prepared to accept.

Dan

brickie in oz 11-25-2012 10:27 PM

They've bricked up the house in the background and moved in while you put a slab for the oven down.......:p