Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 36inch build in Redlands

Stevo,

I fasten my anchor plate with redheads which I think are what you guys call dynabolts, then placed a brick cap over the anchor plate. Here are my pics hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
36inch build in Redlands-63b-anchor-plate-9.8.12.jpg   36inch build in Redlands-62b-cap-top-8.30.12.jpg   36inch build in Redlands-63d-phase-i-done-9.8.12.jpg  

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Stevo,

I fasten my anchor plate with redheads which I think are what you guys call dynabolts, then placed a brick cap over the anchor plate. Here are my pics hope this helps.
Thanks Russell, That's what I will do then. That's a beautiful looking oven you have by the way. I'd be really pleased if mine turns out half as nice as that.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Steve, BTW nice tig weld.

I fasten wire to hold down my insulation by drilling in Tapcon screws into the concrete hearth or a mortar joint. Then tied my chicken wire to the insulation wire. Here a couple more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
36inch build in Redlands-80-temp-1st-layer-cf-3.29.13.jpg   36inch build in Redlands-tapcon-concrete-screws.jpg  

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-31-2013, 01:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Russell that looks so neat haven't seen that photo before. Appears to be no bulging. How did you achieve that. No Chicken wire used?

Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Laborer

Spent a day making a door. Copied from this site of course... Found a glass lid from an old saucepan, fixed it in place with high heat silicone. Stainless steel inside and alloy outside, just because that's what I had lying around. Used a pair of trailer spring U bolts and cut them in half to fit into the wooden handles and they pass through the door to keep it all together with about 30mm of insulation brick in the centre. As for the wooden handles, If my wife is looking for her rolling pin, I have no idea where it might be... Pinched the temp gauge from my gas BBQ because now I have this oven, there wont be any roasting happening in the bbq for a while. All up it cost me nothing as I had all these materials lying around so pretty happy with how it turned out. Might cost me to replace the rolling pin, probably going to need one of those soon.
Attached Thumbnails
36inch build in Redlands-img_0601.jpg   36inch build in Redlands-img_0607.jpg   36inch build in Redlands-img_0609.jpg   36inch build in Redlands-img_0610.jpg  
Old 06-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Apprentice

That looks great! though I think your door would benefit with another lid on the inside to help keep the heat in.Great idea Im gunna have do the same.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Steve, BTW nice tig weld.

I fasten wire to hold down my insulation by drilling in Tapcon screws into the concrete hearth or a mortar joint. Then tied my chicken wire to the insulation wire. Here a couple more pics.
I set thin wire ties into the inner dome refractory as I build. That way there is no need for any drilling into bricks.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Master Builder

Now that's an oven with a view! Don't shade the glare with cupped hands and press them to the glass.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Laborer

Have now done the course of bricks that contact the top of the inner arch. I put a small chamfer on the inner edge of the arch bricks and cut the dome bricks to suit. Angles were difficult so I moulded a brick out of fire clay and cut it up until it was a good fit, then transferred that shape to the brick and cut it. Lot of mucking around but no wasted bricks...
Attached Thumbnails
36inch build in Redlands-img_0617.jpg   36inch build in Redlands-img_0618.jpg  
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice work, you cleared the dome very well. Door looks like something Mr. Chipster did.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log