Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Southeast US (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f49/)
-   -   North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f49/north-central-texas-dfw-where-buy-14953.html)

Lburou 12-14-2010 01:30 PM

North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
Looking for good flour, tomato sources in the DFW area -Looking for sources offering premium pizza and baking ingredients. I'm in the Granbury/Cleburne area. Anybody have some good information? :)

Tscarborough 12-14-2010 01:50 PM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
Is there a Central Market nearby? And after you try all the premium DOP 'maters, buy some buck a can HEB brand and try them. They are better, if for no other reason than they are certainly fresher.

Tscarborough 12-14-2010 01:53 PM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
Oh yeah, Central Market makes fresh Moz almost every day here.

Lburou 12-14-2010 07:08 PM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tscarborough (Post 103827)
Oh yeah, Central Market makes fresh Moz almost every day here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tscarborough (Post 103826)
Is there a Central Market nearby? And after you try all the premium DOP 'maters, buy some buck a can HEB brand and try them. They are better, if for no other reason than they are certainly fresher.

That sounds too easy :D

There is a Market in North Fort Worth, about an hour away from us. I'll check it out, thanks!

mn8tr 12-15-2010 06:05 AM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
I have not verified yet but I did hear that "Whole Foods" is a source.

Lburou 12-15-2010 06:12 AM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mn8tr (Post 103855)
I have not verified yet but I did hear that "Whole Foods" is a source.

Thanks, we will be on the lookout for a Whole Foods store....We only go to town once every week or two though ;)

Go Big Red, will be watching Dec 30 @ 9PM :D

mn8tr 12-23-2010 11:06 AM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
4 Attachment(s)
Went to whole foods Tuesday and found "Zilch" I may have to order on line. I also might try to find a restaurant supply company locally. I finally finished my build, we may add a few additional details down the road but "she is done."

Lburou 12-23-2010 07:24 PM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mn8tr (Post 104469)
Went to whole foods Tuesday and found "Zilch" I may have to order on line. I also might try to find a restaurant supply company locally. I finally finished my build, we may add a few additional details down the road but "she is done."


Congratulations on your banner day! A nice yard....Bet that pool is nice when its over 100 degrees....Oven looks like it grew there. :)

Ken Forbes 02-09-2011 07:33 PM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
It may be too far for you but I go to Jimmy's Food Store in East Dallas every couple of weeks for my supplies. They have the kilo packages of Caputo 00 flour, fresh mozzerella made daily (get there early or it will be gone) and a really good selection of meats, cheeses and imported oils and tomatoes. They have giant blocks of parmesan and romano ( i like the locatelli romano), home made Italian sausage and home made meatballs. The spicy Italian sausage is great, really spicy. The scarmorza is really good too (sort of like smoked mozzerella) and they also have buffalo mozz.

Lburou 02-10-2011 05:51 PM

Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Forbes (Post 107709)
It may be too far for you but I go to Jimmy's Food Store in East Dallas every couple of weeks for my supplies. They have the kilo packages of Caputo 00 flour, fresh mozzerella made daily (get there early or it will be gone) and a really good selection of meats, cheeses and imported oils and tomatoes. They have giant blocks of parmesan and romano ( i like the locatelli romano), home made Italian sausage and home made meatballs. The spicy Italian sausage is great, really spicy. The scarmorza is really good too (sort of like smoked mozzerella) and they also have buffalo mozz.

Thanks Ken. I will get up there some time. Its about 80 miles from here. Sounds like an unusual place :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC