Old 08-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Serf

Default Re: reviving an old brick oven!

Mr Kahn any news about your oven??
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Serf

I just found this thread. I also have a old oven built into the wall of my old house built in 1882. It's about 6 feet deep and about 3 feet wide with a dome top. The top of the chimney was removed years ago when the roof was reshingled. I'm hoping to add a safe metal chimney through the roof witch is only about 4-5 feet above the top of the oven. I'll post some pictures if anyone wants to see it.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

1882! I missed this yesterday somehow. Please post some pics. I would love to see them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Serf

Maybe I haven't posted enough to be able to add pictures, this is only my second post here.. I don't see how???
Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Serf

Can someone explain to me how to post pictures? or PM me a email-address and I'll send the pictures to you to post for me. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Click the paper clip, top middle of the reply post window> search for image > upload.

Images are best reduced to 800x600 pixels.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggreen View Post
Can someone explain to me how to post pictures? or PM me a email-address and I'll send the pictures to you to post for me. Thank you.
Biggreen,
I tried all the tutorials and only after I had made 25 posts and switched to Photobucket was I able to post a pic. I don't know if it was either or both. I started out using Picasso to chronicle my build and still do. It is easy to organize. What ever I put in my "Oven" file is automatically synced with what people see when they click on "my picasso web album". To post to this forum I upload to Photobucket. It is just that I was familar with it before joining this forum. I have discovered that if I link to Photobucket the pics are automatically resized. I use the littlle postage stamp looking icon. It will bring up a box which says "copy the url of your image". I copy the direct link selection for the pic that I want to insert. In photobucket just clicking the direct link automatically copies the selection. I use the keystrokes Ctrl/V to paste.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Serf

Finally, here are a couple pictures. The oven hasn't been used in a very long time and it was hidden behind some shelves when we moved in. It is about 6 feet deep by 4 feet wide(I measured it this time). There is a vent at the top of both the front and the back. The one in front has a metal baffle plate that slides in and out to control the draft. From what I've read, they usually only vent from the front so I wonder why there is a second one in the back. It seems to be in very good shape structurally but they removed the chimney as it exits the roof and covered it with shingles. I'm trying to find a local chimney expert to either restore the original one or since the bake oven is out on a separate wing from the main house and has a short roof over it just put up a stainless steel one up through it. It would only need to go up about 5 feet to exit the short roof.
Attached Thumbnails
reviving an old brick oven!-img_0228.jpg   reviving an old brick oven!-img_0225.jpg  

Last edited by Biggreen; 02-14-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice find....

Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
How cool is that .....thanks for the pics.. love the pattern on the dome roof

Regards Dave

Tags
antique oven, huge brick oven, oven restoration, vintage oven