Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Northeast US (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f48/)
-   -   Fire Brick dealers in Maryland (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f48/fire-brick-dealers-maryland-20128.html)

cms1528 11-14-2013 12:47 PM

Fire Brick dealers in Maryland

Does anyone have a led on a refractory brick or fire brick dealer in the Maryland area or maybe the tri-state area. I have looked around but would like to know from anyone that has personal experience with a particular dealer in the area or even a business that they may be familiar with. Thanks

Dino69 11-15-2013 07:27 PM

Re: Fire Brick dealers in Maryland

Savage Mt refractories sells a med duty brick. Cecil building supply in Martinsburg W VA has ned duty brick also and the have type S lime. They were the only ones even close to me that had the lime.

You could pick up low duty fire brick in a number of places in Maryland. Low duty was cheaper so that is what I used. I found them for around 1.15 down here.

David

cms1528 11-15-2013 08:29 PM

Thanks for the tips, I will check them out.

Dino69 11-16-2013 05:24 AM

Not a problem. Let me know if you need anything else or have questions. I have some left over portland, lime and sand if you want them. Not enough for an entire oven but it would be free.

Warlan 01-31-2014 10:48 AM

I'd love to know where you can find firebricks in Maryland. I've been putting together a price list to see if it's feasible and any help in locating local supplies would be great.
Thanks!

cms1528 02-03-2014 08:28 AM

Wow this is funny, I just got off the phone this morning with a company that has brick and the proper mortar needed for a build. The link to the products page is below they have several locations in Maryland and you need to contact them to determine what you need and so on.

I asked the guy I spoke to what the chemical makeup was for the medium duty brick and he did not know but said that he could easily find out. I told him not necessary as I was not buying until later spring. They were friendly when I called and answered all my questions, I think the brick was priced at around $1.50 each or close...can't remember.

Good luck. POTOMAC VALLEY BRICK Built On a Foundation of Service

Warlan 02-03-2014 09:51 AM

Thanks so much, cms. I'll check them out for sure.

flounder 07-29-2014 01:01 PM

I've been working on a build in the Annapolis area and I'm about to start work on the dome. I have found a place in Easton, MD called New Brick and Tile Co. They have the bricks for $1.35.

Haven't been able to find any fire clay or refractory mortar in the area. Potomac Valley Brick has it for $75 for a 50lb bag. Is this a good price? They also have bricks for $1.75. That seems to be a bit pricey.

cms1528 07-30-2014 08:25 AM

There is a concrete block company on Beaver Dam Road in Cockeysville, MD that sells the high temp mortal for a good price. At least I think this the place I called a few months back.... Cinder & Concrete Block Corporation : Cockeysville : Baltimore : Maryland