Old 04-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: '00' flour in Wisconsin?

Thanks sholding, good to know! I'm still looking, and I do occasionally get down to Madison.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Serf

Hi Daren
If you'd like one more ready source for Italian Flour in Wisconsin, don't forget Glorioso's Brothers in Milwaukee. It's now in a really nice newer and bigger location at 1011 E. Brady Street. Check them out here OnMilwaukee.com Marketplace: Gloriosos rooted in family, on Brady Street
or here Glorioso Bros. Italian Foods - Milwaukee, WI or Glorioso Bros. Italian Foods - East Side - Milwaukee | Urbanspoon
There are lots of reviews you can look up on the web.

My wife and I did our college years in Madison and loved Fraboni's. We couldn't visit Madison afterwards without a quick run through the campus Fraboni store, but Glorioso's makes Fraboni's look like little league. Appleton to Madison 105 Miles Appleton to Milwaukee 107 miles but faster roads.

You will find your flour there and 6 in 1 tomatoes and more kinds of cheese than you can believe, including all the great Grande Pizza cheese varieties. As it looks like you are in Appleton, you probably already get the Grande at Vern's Cheese in Chilton. Vern's Cheese Online

But don't go to Glorioso's unless it's lunch time. The spicy italian sandwich with hot guardinera on a super crispy italian bun is to die for!

Happy hunting

John in Merrill

PS I am considering a cast build for a WFO, do you have a good source for refractory cement?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Apprentice

jgestner.. my first oven is a brick 36".. my next will be cast. do you have a set of plans?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Master Builder

Thanks John! I do get down to Milwaukee on occasion, so I'll be sure to check out Glorioso's, especially at lunch! I do already get my Grande Whole Milk Mozzarella at Vern's. I even ride there on my bike on occasion and carry the cheese home in a backpack.
I got my dry-mix refractory mortar through a local brick company, but they ordered it special from out of state so it cost a fortune.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Peasant

I know that you were looking for WI but delmonicos market ( sp ) in north east minneaplois has 00 flour and they sell it in 5# bags I don't remember the price but it was not too bad.

Randy