Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Western US (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f46/)
-   -   We're to get building materials in Az (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f46/were-get-building-materials-az-19092.html)

pacman74 03-15-2013 06:47 AM

We're to get building materials in Az

Hello my AZ friends- I live in Mesa,

I am finally going to start building the 42' in the yard the first week of April. I need to know the best places to get all my material.

In addition, i see a lit of different sizes for the foundation. If someone can provide me the the basic dimensions and depth that would be great.

Thanks for all your help and any additional advise would be great!

UtahBeehiver 03-16-2013 05:57 AM

Re: We're to get building materials in Az

I would start with digesting the free Forno Brava pompeli plans. This document will give you all the basic info you will need to get started.

pacman74 03-16-2013 12:09 PM

I have those plans, buy wanted to do a one stop shop for all the materials.

C5dad 03-16-2013 04:36 PM

Pacman-

As a 'zonie, Marvel will carry fire clay and the chimney liner. Fire brick - marvel or HD (Lowes is special order). You can get it via Phoenix Brick (7th ave and I-17). If you be wanting to not do your own brew - Phoenix Brick can get you the refractory cements. As foe Pearlite (around * a bag - north phoenix at a tree place. You may be able to get cast off vermiculite/pearlite in Chandler (cannot remember the name at this time.)

Here is the AZ Piazzolo's link:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/46/a...e-14922-2.html

If you would like - I have a 42" template that I can donate to your cause for a 42! Mind you, I have a pretty large opening to the world.

Just as a reminder - you will need to deal with all your build fast as the humidity is low and the temps increasing. Home brew (another thread) needs to be mixed in small quantities and used quickly. It sets up really fast and you can potentially waste a whole bunch. Also, wear heavy rubber gloves!

Chris

Be good!

j0ew1120 03-16-2013 09:51 PM

I have a bag of vermiculate you can have for free. Or anyone for that matter.

brickie in oz 03-16-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0ew1120 (Post 147916)

When you say anyone, just who do you have?
Id like Nichole Kidman, and/or Jennifer Hawkins. :rolleyes:

Laurentius 03-17-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 147926)
When you say anyone, just who do you have?
Id like Nichole Kidman, and/or Jennifer Hawkins. :rolleyes:

Al, call your wife to the computer. Right now, mate!

pacman74 03-18-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0ew1120 (Post 147916)

I will take you up on that offer, let me know when I can pick it up. In addition, any words of advise?

j0ew1120 03-18-2013 03:13 PM

I have the next couple dsys off but I am in the hospital expecting my first born. I will shoot you a message when I get home.

j0ew1120 03-22-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman74 (Post 148088)
I will take you up on that offer, let me know when I can pick it up. In addition, any words of advise?

I'm free anytime before noon any day if you still want the vermiculite. I'm not a master builder but you can check out my oven while your here. I built it following some simple guidelines but without any plans.

PS: I also have some fire brick you are welcome to. Anything you take is less than what I have to store in my backyard until the end of time.:rolleyes: