Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Phoenix AZ builders

Phxdt

I too am in Gilbert (as are several others.) It is a good idea to see what does and does not work. If you want to see a still semi-finished oven - come on down Sat! Just PM me. There are many things I would have done differently (height, deck size, oven landing.....) However, the oven works beautifully, despite my stupidity. Be sure to make a plan, then double check it, then post it for all to help you debug and don't try to get too fancy without re-planning.

Chat with you later!

Chris

Follow my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Apprentice

There are quite a few of us around. I'm in Mesa, just finishing the stonework on my enclosure
Old 04-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Journeyman

AZ

Post some pics, eh!

I am heading out into the mountains for my rock, not cheaper, just found a good supply.

Chris

Follow my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Laborer

Just throwing this out there.....I have two very large bags of perlite. They are extra and I have no need for them. They are free to the first person who is willing to get them out of my garage. Just send me a personal message. I am in the SE corner of Gilbert.

Last edited by dtrbovich; 05-07-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Miss type
Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Serf

Hello all etc...

I'm glad to see that we have some people in the local area that loves pizza as much as I do. Has anyone kept a budget of how much it would cost to build the oven? I know it all depends on the type of material, but I'm just looking for average numbers. I'm setting a budget, and would like to have a understand of how much this is going to cost..

In addition how long would it take to build one as well?

Mario
Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Laborer

I would guess that I have $1000 total in the oven to date (and I wasn't able to use salvaged materials for anything). I am doing a whole outdoor kitchen and so I have more into the whole project but I would say $1000 is defiantly doable. Especially if you manage to get the fire bricks from Home Depot (which is much cheaper than Marvel). As for a timeline.....I have been working on mine for a year and a half but I took quite a bit of time off as soon as it was functional. I think you can do it in 3 mo if you don't make any changes and that is all you are doing.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Journeyman

I salvaged materials, though dtr is in the range. HD for fire brick will save you $0.40 each and with 250+ that is some bucks! Finish is another story!

CW

Follow my build
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Serf

Overall what you get in return that is not a bad price... how about your plans, I have a set of plans but did you guys draw up your own plans or did you use the one off the forum?