Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Western US

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: The Best bread in So. Cal?

Having not tasted your bread, I can't attest to it being the Best in SoCal.....however I HAVE had Bicycle Bread Company's and it has consistently been the best bread I've EVER had! Google 'em, ....Say HI to Steven and the Gang......
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I haven't heard of them but they're down the street in Korea town.. Mmmmm Korean BBQ pork! I'll check them out ASAP..

Thanks for the recomendation or at least reference to.

Chris

Update; The Bicycle Bread company is only open on Thrursday evenings after 5pm.. Darn! To late for me to hang around downtown mid week.. It appears that they use fresh ground flour and commercial yeast only.. Interesting..

Last edited by SCChris; 07-25-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Apprentice

Went to the Bread Lounge today for lunch. Kind of hard to find, not well marked, but the bread is Fantastic! The whole lunch experience was great. Superb ingredients in everything we ordered, super friendly staff, and reasonably priced. This place is definitely a winner.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, the Bread Lounge sure "reads good" on yelp. Coffee and bread, I've got to check it out myself.

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I know they're closed on Monday's and think Sunday's are out as well.. Check it out Dino and let me know what you find.

Chris

PS Handsome Coffee Roasters is down the way, and it's worth a look and taste if you're in the area..
Dino_Pizza likes this.