Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Western US

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Peasant

Default Re: AZ Piazzalos Unite

that's definitely something I'm going to have to look into. As I was reading over some of the different county requirements, Maricopa is by far the most strict.I am definitely going to see if that is possible to register it in Yavapii or maybe Coconino County. I left a message with Frank Redmond as well, waiting to hear back from him. thanks for the tips.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Peasant

Well after some production delays, my mobile pizza oven trailer is finally getting finished up. Hopefully it should ship out the end of next week! unfortunately most of the farmers markets here in the valley are already closing up shop for the summer. However I think I am going to travel to Prescott and do their big Saturday farmers markets for the next couple months. Hope to see you guys out about.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Peasant

Well here she is. Picked it up in Phoenix 2 days ago and I am in the middle of my curing schedule. A couple quick shots as she sits now.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sweet set up. You might consider a removable flue pipe extension. Depending on where you set up, it may be an advantage to having the smoke exit higher. Eg set up at a market stall right next to knitted babies clothes. This happened to me once, but I discovered how to fire the oven almost smoke free by using the upside down lighting technique, always maintaining a flame and never overloading the chamber. The use of a blowpipe to do all this is essential.

Apart from the front decorative arch is the oven brick or cast?
Have you got shocks on your trailer?

Last edited by david s; 06-13-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added questions
Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Peasant

Thanks for the tip on the chimney. It's a cast modular oven. So far I'm very impressed with its heat retention. I lit a small one log curing fire in it last night and this morning it was still too hot to touch the deck with the door off all night. Oh and yes it does have shocks.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Peasant

Thumbs up Re: AZ Piazzalos Unite

Going to be firing up the mobile oven and cooking pizzas for the first time tonight on the street. Got some friends and some bloggers showing up to do a dough comparison between sour dough and yeast leavened dough. If anyone wants some free pizza and to participate in the tasting feel free to stop by. 630 pm 1782 E constitution dr chandler 85225. That's ray/cooper roads in chandler.

Also, please like my facebook page: Forno Legna Catering LLC

Last edited by j0ew1120; 06-17-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Journeyman

So, let's hear about the trailer!

Follow my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Peasant

The oven/trailer is working great! We are in Winslow for the weekend doing the Standing on the corner festival. Hoping to sell about 400 pizzas. We have been in the prescott farmers market for a couple months now while I was getting my maricopa county permits sorted out. (Nightmare). Now that the heat is dissipating in the valley I am joining the Goodyear and anthem farmers markets coming up in a coupe weeks. The most pizzas I have sold in a day was 50 so this is my biggest gig yet. Cross your fingers for me. I'll post some pics after the weekend.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Peasant

Wondering if anyone in the phx area is interested in working a pizza gig with me for fedex next Wednesday the 5th of April. My normal oven guy can't make it and I need someone to turn pizzas while I toss the dough. It would be from 2 to 7pm and would pay 100$ cash. Anyone up for the challenge?
Old 06-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Serf

Hi all, I'm new here. Did anyone ever meet up or end up splitting up bulk flour? I'm hoping to build an oven in my Tempe backyard over the next few months, I picked a fine time of year to start!