Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Finding Building Materials

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Soapstone Oven Floor

Hi Steven,

Where can I see an example of your oven?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Peasant

Facebook if you have it. Brick pizza ovens.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Master Builder

Hi Steven,

I'm on FB and there's hundreds of Brick pizza oven, since I know that your location is Spokane, I came up with Brick City Pizza, is that you? Its a pizza parlor, where can I see example of your oven?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ok guys like it or not but its firebricks versus soapstone at ten paces at sundown, be there.

Draw..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I've not had experience cooking on soapstone so can't offer any opinion in that matter, but i have had a lot of experience in sculpting it. Soapstone is the softest stone you can get and that is its attraction as a sculpting medium apart from its inherent beauty. It is way softer than firebrick, you can cut it with a hand saw, sand or rasp it easily. The resultant powder that it produces is talc powder, dust a little under your arms. Another name for the stuff is talc stone. Look up Talc Alf, an interesting sculptor who carves soapstone. My question is how does is stand up to the continual abrasion of metal peels, pokers and logs of wood abrading the surface as it's so soft?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

David, "soapstone" is a broad term covering a wide range of variation. I have seen soapstone that I could break with my hands and soapstone that was almost as hard as granite and been in use as a counter for a 100 years. You have to specify what the use will be for your soapstone.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
Hi Steven,

I'm on FB and there's hundreds of Brick pizza oven, since I know that your location is Spokane, I came up with Brick City Pizza, is that you? Its a pizza parlor, where can I see example of your oven?
Try Trimwerks LLC. It and brick pizza ovens are my pages on Facebook. If you come to town I can give you my phone number and let you look at a couple.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Peasant

David, we have had great use with almost no wear in three years. Not even any really noticeable scratches. We always try to choose what is considered "cooking grade" soapstone, and luckily that is what most suppliers up here get.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenb View Post
Try Trimwerks LLC. It and brick pizza ovens are my pages on Facebook. If you come to town I can give you my phone number and let you look at a couple.
Thanks Steven,

I try Twimwerks, so, that pizza parlor wasn't your? I live in Japan, don't thinking I'll be seeing your ovens, up close and personal.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Peasant

No. Sorry. Pizza parlor wasn't mine. Trimwerks LLC and Brick Pizza Ovens on fb are mine.