Old 05-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Looking for WFO Supplies in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcallaway View Post
KB,

P.S. Do you have Pics of your build? What were the dimensions of your build as well?

Thanks,
Greg
Click on my build at the bottom and you can read about and follow my progress. I am posting about my foundation here: (How to build chimney and outer arch)click here. I will try to post some dimensions.

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Serf

Guys -

I found the ThermoGold-12 (rated 1200 degrees) calsil board at Atlantech in Tampa - It was very reasonably priced - I got a box of 9 sheets, 2" x 12" x 36" delivered to my office for $95

There are a couple of other builds on the forums here that use the ThermoGold-12 and have had great results - at that price I opted to buy enough to use 4 inches as my base.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSoucy View Post
Guys -

I found the ThermoGold-12 (rated 1200 degrees) calsil board at Atlantech in Tampa - It was very reasonably priced - I got a box of 9 sheets, 2" x 12" x 36" delivered to my office for $95

There are a couple of other builds on the forums here that use the ThermoGold-12 and have had great results - at that price I opted to buy enough to use 4 inches as my base.
Wow $95 that's great I should have done more research. Glad Greg started the thread will have WFOs all over the state, built on budget. Where were you guys in March?

Good researching.

KB

Old 05-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Serf

I was fishing in March...LOL
Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Master Builder

What type of fishing do ya do? I need a break soon. My boat is getting cobbwebs and her, I think she knows I'm having a affair with my new Gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Put my Gal to bed for curing till I have more time to continue.

KB

Old 05-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Serf

The only kind....lol.....Flats fishing! I like chasing "Tales" and spotted trout.

-Greg

Last edited by gbcallaway; 05-18-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Master Builder

The flats are quite a drive for ya, Where ya normally go? I’m a bottom fisher, like the flat though.

KB

Old 05-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Serf

I actually do most of my flats fishing in St. Augustine. However, I will also fish over in Melboune occassionally. I actually work over there and few of my buddies like it outside trolling and bottom fishing.

-Greg
Old 05-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Serf

wondering if anyone has been able to find #1 arch fire brick in fl.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
wondering if anyone has been able to find #1 arch fire brick in fl.
Welcome aboard Griz........Not sure about the #1 arch brick, but If your a fisherman like Greg and myself.........I see a future WFO fishing convention in Melbourne............ I would think Plibrico in Bartow might have some, with all phosphate industry they service here in central Florida. I think I remember seeing multiple arch bricks used while working in the different facilities over the years.

KB

Tags
firebricks, florida, insulating board, supplies