Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Finding Building Materials

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:29 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Finding local building materials

Hi Dave,
we are going to build a wfo in our school garden. Since I have built one here at home I am suddenly the 'guru' for all things with bricks and mortar at school! Got most of the stuff organised and I will certainly try to keep the forum posted on our progress. Thanks for your interest
regards
Geoff
Old 10-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Moley

Why don't you give Ben a call at Melbourne Firebrick, he has shipped his kits to South Australia and elsewhere I cannot quite remember but north.

He has kits pre cut that require minimal cutting. The kits come with everything you need and are very reasonably priced based on my research prior to starting my WFO late March. Check out Crocau build he used the kit.

This option will simplify and speed up the build for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Peasant

Thanks Colin,
I will check it out. We are keen to brick our own oven from scratch as many materials have been donated to the school and I have built my own at home. Not really concerned about the length of time to build it, after all its going to be there for years to come.
Regards
Geoff
Old 01-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Banned

Do visit Eskandari Stone to view our wide range of varieties and designs in natural stones. . Natural Stone selection in granite, marble, onyx, limestone, travertine, caesarstone as well as engineered stones. People who are tight over budget can opt for engineered stones as they come in reasonable price and have almost the same designs like granite, marble and other natural stones
Old 08-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Serf

Hi,

I am in the Seattle area and need 2 boards of Insblock 19 - 2" thickness. I bought a box from my local supplier but need 2 more boards/sheets to complete my insulation. I was hoping to not have to buy another entire box but will if necessary.

Is there anyone in this area (basically anyone in Washington state!) who has a few boards left over from their build? I'll compensate.

Thanks,
Brian