Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Finding Building Materials

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Laborer

Default Re: clay for homebrew mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
If you are cutting your firebricks, you'll have more "fire clay" than you need for homebrew. Cut base bricks and clean out your tray, and you are ready to go. Problem solved
How do you go about storing the collected clay from cutting bricks....does it harden after its wet? Or could I chuck in a bag until ready to use?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Because the brick dust from cutting comes from bricks that have been fired it is really a grog or fine aggregate. It is not like sticky unfired clay, however it does work ok. Be careful fired brick dust is dangerous to inhale, wear a mask.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
Because the brick dust from cutting comes from bricks that have been fired it is really a grog or fine aggregate. It is not like sticky unfired clay, however it does work ok. Be careful fired brick dust is dangerous to inhale, wear a mask.
meh...i'll just buy fire clay, or buy the ciment fondue i think. for the amount i need its not worth muckin around too much...