Old 07-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: steel liner question

They look great! How are you not eating them right as they come out of the oven?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Talking Re: steel liner question

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
They look great! How are you not eating them right as they come out of the oven?
Gudday
I get you point. I could never collect that many pizza in one place at one time for a photo! the patrons would linch me.... I be lucky to get a pic of the last ones. So how did he do that?
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 07-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Must be those dual twin exhaust on the turbo oven............

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Peasant

Yes! It was very hard to resist. These were made for my Dad's birthday and I had to pack them up and bring them to his house....which leads to a question.

Has anyone purchased pizza boxes for transportation or what method do you use to keep them intact during travel? These were awesome btw with the re-heat. Next time I will under cook them by a few seconds so the re-heat will bring them closer to the "fresh out of the oven" kinda thing. These were all cooked in 2 minutes or under. Turn your head for 10 sec and return to an edge on fire!

I use a 50/50 blend of semolina and AP flour to form the dough and also used on the peel. I feel like I am using too much of the flour to slide the dough off (I have an aluminum peel btw). Do you think a wooden peel would work better?

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
My personal preference is using a wooden peel to get the pizza in the oven . I find you can get it in the oven with either wood or metal peels. But if you get one pizza that starts to stick a little a couple of shakes and you can free it a lot faster on the wood one. With either if you do get a sauce spill, cheese spill on the peel which will lead to sticking of the next pizza throw some flour on the peel and wipe it off .
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Peasant

Here is a pic of my new enclosure with metal roof. I have made a little over 50 pizzas in this so far and getting the hang of how to use it.

Dry wood is VERY important I have found and so is the use of a door to close it off at times.
Attached Thumbnails
steel liner question-20130807_120835.jpg   steel liner question-20130807_134550.jpg   steel liner question-20130809_161314.jpg   steel liner question-20130809_161458.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Peasant

At it again...
Attached Thumbnails
steel liner question-1234276_422445111198920_706671810_n.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovibond69 View Post
Has anyone purchased pizza boxes for transportation or what method do you use to keep them intact during travel?
Most restaurant supply places sell pizza boxes. I have been thinking about picking some up so that I can send people home with leftovers.

Pizzas are looking awesome!

Tags
buckling liner, steel liners