Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Other Oven Types

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: portable oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
If it looks like spam and tastes like spam its probably spam.

But I wont say that as Ill get my arse chewed off again.
The ladder guy's post WAS spam which your rightly pointed out!
But you have different "rose colored glasses" when it comes to "homegrown ""SPAM"", that was my only point--but you decided to take it lightly as usual.

You can see my answer to the oven manufacturer plugging his product--using this site as his "free advertising site"--He is also wrong. But that is in my humble opinion.

How would you like this forum to have "pop ups" every time you hit a certain subject line? Ah, I guess you do now if you consider my posts to you... but other than that...Constant popups and links to other sites for useless products! What a different site it would be!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikku View Post
Cobpaul,
Just look at that! Now there is a company that copied your design already!

I thought there was a waiting period before posts could be made, guess the FB forum cannot keep up with all the new data coming in and out. Probably will not be there for long--but have to write down the web address, interesting to look at!

I'm thinking of firing up my oven today for a beef roast. Need to get some inspiration on how to prepare and season it to make it memorable. Do you have any ideas on doing a "BEEF CHOICE BOTTOM ROUND ROAST"? a little short of 2 KG? Thinking of doing in a cast iron dutch oven?
Hey everybody! Don't get so damn excited all the time!
This was meant as a compliment to cobpaul that his design is similar to a manufactured oven--but it is also close to a "greenegg" as well--no chimney --just an oven!

This was not meant for the manufacturer to take it literally either. LittleBritaly--you know your history of making ovens so you should not be so sensitive!

Maybe there is this lingering hostility between Ireland and England and vs versa...but I was told to keep politics out of this forum. The politics and hostility members of each group has is deep rooted and caused a lot of pain and suffering--lets keep this forum more like the UN. Don't want to worry about getting a bomb in my mailbox or being sniper shot while I driving somewhere!

I'm excited about Nashi-san's father's experience and what I can get out of his words. I am thinking on buying a recording device so that I can have a bilingual person give me an exact translation! I am trying to determine his age--he has to be a centarian plus several years!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Good Morning,
Just a quick note to say thank you to all members who have Forno Bravo's best interest at heart. Unfortunately, a member had violated our forum policy and was banned.

We really appreciate everyone's cooperation and look forward to more recipes and oven ideas!

Happy posting!
brickie in oz likes this.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
But you have different "rose colored glasses" when it comes to "homegrown ""SPAM"", that was my only point--but you decided to take it lightly as usual.
I have never put any links to the kit oven in question, I doubt that the members who have bought the kit oven and extol its virtues have either, Ben the owner and producer to my knowledge hasn't either.

Wheres the spam in congratulating someone on a good design idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobpaul View Post
I will say that its a bit cheeky posting your link on FB, some might say you more than 1 username on this forum, trying to make a stir. Anyways Im sure mods can see i.p's and if this is the case we wont be seeing you for long!!
I agree whole heatedly, if the owner of the site refrains from putting ads on every page then members have no right to do so either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
I have never put any links to the kit oven in question, I doubt that the members who have bought the kit oven and extol its virtues have either, Ben the owner and producer to my knowledge hasn't either.

Wheres the spam in congratulating someone on a good design idea?

I agree whole heatedly, if the owner of the site refrains from putting ads on every page then members have no right to do so either.
Spam, Spam and more Spam!

Do you know what the goal of advertising is?

-Product recognition - (the crew from downunder) - talking up a new kit!

-Pricing- a casual conversation mentions the price--but says it changes
because of options available.

-Name recognition--the establishments name is mentioned several times and continues to be mentioned.

-Putting a (face to a product), give the owner of the establishment an "easy to remember name", and talk up his good service and being "on top of the game".

Just because the owner of the establishment does not initiate the advertising campaign, doesn't mean it isn't advertising. It is ethically wrong to continue to do this! FB has a presence in your country, give them the business so they can continue to sponsor this forum!

If you cannot see this, it might be a case of selective blindness, nothing to do with the color of your glasses!

This is the second time I composed this message, first time it did not picked up .... maybe someone is censoring my posts!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Master Builder

This conversation is all very well chaps, but personally I'm still keen to see a photo of this oven in action at a market or fair somewhere.
brickie in oz and cobblerdave like this.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotavidone View Post
This conversation is all very well chaps, but personally I'm still keen to see a photo of this oven in action at a market or fair somewhere.
I think all of us are keen to see it in action as well!

As Cobpaul was saying though, he needs to get a horse trailer--then figure a way to easily get the oven in and out for set-up. Sounds like a good idea, the trailer can also be used for stocking supplies, firewood--maybe have pizza fixins inside as well--Refrigerator etc, portable electric generator, lighting etc.

The trailer can have some great graphics painted on outside to grab the attention of the people! Or a sign saying--"Pizza factory in motion"--follow me to our next market--then use a magnetic sign to print on it the days event... in a washable ink--Change the destination as needed! Lots of free advertising!

Trailer is properly designed to carry a horse or two....should be no problem with a portable oven!! Just waiting for time and money to make it all possible!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
It is ethically wrong to continue to do this! FB has a presence in your country, give them the business so they can continue to sponsor this forum!
You brought the kit oven up in the conversation, not me?

Mikku, look up the word troll, you tick all the boxes.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Master Builder

Now it is name calling, the description fits you to a tee when you add your in poor taste remarks instead of giving proper answers. Poster boy alright!
What is it? You cannot take criticism but sure can pass it out! Also have to have the last word!

Well this is my last word on this topic to you! I expect some wise crack answer in response...please prove me wrong!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Follow the instructions and we are all sweet...