Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Other Oven Types

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Peasant

Default Re: portable oven

I think its one of those terracotta ovens, nah not into it.....
Old 10-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickstrings View Post
In leiu of ......
Yeah! Looks like it, but today no gasoline from me to fuel the flames! But no CO2 distinguisher either! Too nice of a fall day for that, and I am into promoting peace and harmony and enjoying nature ---when it is kind to us...
Today calm, cool temperatures, smell of smoke in the air from farmers burning their rice chaffe, a little odor of dying (but those are the smells of autumn) no matter where you are...maybe different smoke smell from leaves and such.
And above all--first day off in a long time! No long drives for today to get anywhere quickly, just doing anything that comes to mind in any order.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobpaul View Post
That looks more like daves oven to me, but I'm not worried s soon as i have a horse box I'm away and i like my oven its kinda oldschool and it draws attention.

a nice red wine sauce and some caramelised red onion mikku nomnomnom
Hoping for a recipe- but is that a too much to hope for?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Peasant

Sorry, throw a few potatos in there aswell jeez how could i have forgoten.....
Old 10-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobpaul View Post
Sorry, throw a few potatos in there aswell jeez how could i have forgoten.....
Today has been a real busy day. First day off in a very long time and my fun things have piled up. I fired the oven this morning for a few hours but it is almost 9PM and it is still too hot for putting the roast in. Even with a dutch oven, the oven is still over 300C! So day off is waiting!

The meat is all prepared, used a very special recipe with some special not commonly used spices for beef. Got the heads up from a real good chef I know...He takes sympathy on me because I have a hard time finding my way around the kitchen. Kind of walks me through the preparation. Decided that the roasting will be very late tonite--decided to go with a pizza tonite instead of the roast...I can have it in sandwiches in the morning!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:49 AM
Master Builder

Well, I almost forgot the reason for even commenting on the forum. Today when I was working on my temporary firewood enclosure. (Have a bunch of wood that needs cutting and splitting but no place to put it while I enlarge my current "maki-goya" (woodshed)... I keep getting lost in thought but give me a little slack.

An old timer masonry guy stopped by just to bullshit with me. He is in his mid 80's and is backlogged with work orders from all over the place. He knows as
much as anyone I have ever known about masonry--all types, block, brick, plastering, concrete finishing, doing special hard coats,--- He heard about my oven project from ??? who or where I haven't got a clue. He wanted to see my oven and today--lucky for both of us...it was being fired!

While he was here looking at my oven, I told him that I had concerns about making it waterproof in some way that is inexpensive and lasts a very long time. He said that he has worked on a few outdoors ovens during his lifetime but mostly when he was younger... (I'm thinking--that must have been a very long time ago). hehe!

He said that his father has a very good recipe for using readily available materials to make a masonry waterproof enclosure. He said that it is easy to apply and many of his first builds still work and look great!

Oh by the way, the old guy's (mason) name is Nashi--a funny name because nashi means (nothing) or it also is the name of a fruit "nashi" that is similar to a pear in flavor but has the consistency of a raw potato when you eat it!

A little more about Nashi-san (Mr. Nashi)- his eyes are gray looking and clouded over..If you saw a movie--Barabus--with Anthony Quinne playing the part--when he worked in the sulphur mines, he covered his eyes because the mineral would eat away the membrane... That is what his eyes look like--and I told him... It is such a shame that the things that our fathers knew did not all get passed down before they died. I assumed that his father has been gone for a very long time!

He said--"No! his father still advises him!" I could not believe it. He said that when I have my next day off, he will bring me over to his place and we can talk to his father!

Now I am all excited about meeting "Mr. Nashi's father" and learn some trade secrets that have been around --and passed between generations for years!

That is what I am so excited about! A plaster used on old castles--a type of "shikuii" that is made by the craftsman! A treasured secret!

Last edited by mikku; 10-13-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBritaly View Post
Not always (is it spam), would you like me to edit the post, move the images elsewhere and make a fresh link making sure my company isn't mentioned ?

My intention was to prove that portable, lightweight ovens are possible.

AS I've said elsewhere, I don't ship outside of the UK and have no intentions of ever doing so, in other words, I thought it quite safe pointing people in the US, Japan etc to those images. It's also a development site, not my companies operating url.
My apologies, there is from time to time the odd spammer that slips through just to sell us there wonderful product that we cant live without.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
If it looks like spam and tastes like spam its probably spam.

But I wont say that as Ill get my arse chewed off again.
Only if it taste like Spam!
brickie in oz likes this.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Peasant

clearly not, I've never seen your product till the other day! no disrespect but I couldnt care less for your ovens, but I wish you luck with them.

I will say that its a bit cheeky posting your link on FB, some might say you more than 1 username on this forum, trying to make a stir. Anyways Im sure mods can see i.p's and if this is the case we wont be seeing you for long!!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBritaly View Post
I don't sell outside of the UK and have no intention of ever, so doubt it will have any effect on their, or my sales.
LittleBritaly,
I do not if the term "spam" refers to your post. Your ovens look like they are well built and competitively priced. But it seems like "my guess only on your intentions" but the motivation is purely for your own benefit in increasing sales or exposure. Forno Bravo has a worldwide group of members and new people are drawn to the site because of information available that is free.

Now if you would like to delete any linkage to your site, including pricing, addresses---anything that could be thought as as advertising. Then share with the forum your casting techniques and recipe for the refractory you are using...Also share some of the information about problems you have encountered over the years developing your molds and product----maybe it might be tolerated.

There are several persons or companies on this site who do not advertise their work or give any contact information other than what is in their profile.
But they share their experiences and techniques freely. Think about how FB might view your posts then make the right decision on your own. It might even be wise to change your user name to something that is not linked directly to your product line.

Good luck with your business. But don't use this forum as your free advertising site!