Old 12-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: pizza oven becomes a kiln

Thanks for the ceramic pizza slice link Les, my pottery interest was a love for the arts, sadly I found I could not support a family on it so I became an Engineer with an artistic flair!!!! Still 40 years later I appreciate good pottery.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
David,

Nice use of oxides and glazes and combining hand with wheel thrown work. So here are a few of mine. I do not have many left since I gave many away. These are circa 1970s work, abt the last time I did pottery. Everywhere I travel I away am always on the lookout for local potters I can pick a piece to add to my collection.
Nice work Russell. We also buy the odd piece on our travels. We're taking the first two weeks of Jan to ski in Japan and also to visit Kyoto, will pick up some pots there.

Les those pizza slices look interesting, very crunchy.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Did a little more on the kiln (first coat of render), before we leave for Japan, primarily to ski, but have also arranged to visit a ceramic artist potter in Kyoto too, should be fun, can"t wait to get away from this oppressive tropical heat.
Plan to reduce the intake port area for hopefully, more efficiency.
Attached Thumbnails
pizza oven becomes a kiln-p1010465.jpg   pizza oven becomes a kiln-p1010466.jpg   pizza oven becomes a kiln-p1010467.jpg  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Almost there, are you going to do some test bisque fires first? I was the kiln tender, so got to stay up all hours of the night tending the kiln. Best part though was I loaded the kiln and my pieces went in the prime areas of the kiln . Have fun skiing in Japan, you will have to come to Utah sometime and ski of the best powder in the world.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 12-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have done one bisque firing with only four things in the kiln. It should fire better when fully loaded,but that will have to wait until we get back.
Japan powder pretty perfect for me, the snow is so dry you can't make a snowball properly. Their snow comes from Siberia. For us it's only a seven hour flight almost due north so only one hour time difference, but the legendary Utah sounds amazing too.

Last edited by david s; 12-27-2013 at 11:19 AM.