Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Other Oven Types

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Oven on wheels

Hello,
Forno Bravo has recently introduced the Andiamo series wood pizza ovens. They are fully assembled pizza ovens with a metal enclosure and stand that are easy to move. They feature an attractive metal gabled enclosure, stand, and locking casters. I will include the link in this post:
http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/andiamo_datasheet.pdf

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to contact our Australia distributor, Andy Martin (A Pizza Italia), andy@apizzaitalia.com

I hope this information is helpful.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Master Builder

I saw those when you first listed them, thank you. They are exactly what I first visualised when I started. I'm too far along to stop now - commited to finishing. But I'm delighted to hear you can now get them in OZ. If we find the new dream house we are searching for, I won't be building a new oven at the new address, that's for sure.
Regards,
Mick
Old 03-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Master Builder

I now have 2 inches of vermicrete on top of 3 inches of scoriacrete. If that isn't an insulated hearth, I don't know what is. Floor back in tomorrow, and start the arch.
Attached Thumbnails
Oven on wheels-dsc00673-800x600-.jpg   Oven on wheels-dsc00671-800x600-.jpg   Oven on wheels-dsc00669-800x600-.jpg   Oven on wheels-dsc00670-800x600-.jpg  

Last edited by wotavidone; 03-31-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Master Builder

A skim coat of terracotta clay, and bedded in the bricks.

I can see what they say about drying the floor. There must be a gallon or two of water in there. Clay floats like concrete if you have lots of water in it, but it sure means there is a lot to dry out.
Next puzzle. Looking at the pic of the floor bricks, at the front there will be four bricks layed pointing straight out of the oven that will be the landing.
Do we mortar those, or just lay in clay? How hot do those 4 bricks get, should they be my most heat tolerant bricks, or can I use the ones I decided not to risk in the dome?
Attached Thumbnails
Oven on wheels-dsc00676-800x600-.jpg   Oven on wheels-skim-coat-terracotta-clay-800x600-.jpg  
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
Neat workman you are! I'd have a mile of crap around the oven to clean up first before finishing anything.
Id mortar those front edges to prevent the hearth bricks from floating forward ...thats the only direction there not contained.

Regards Dave
Old 03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Master Builder

The two arch bricks are 400 apart, a bit less than 4 bricks wide, and I was going to cut the two outer ones to slide in. Just discovered the brick won't fit in my saw for the long cut, so I just cut two bricks off and laid em crossways in clay. They come just to the front of the arch bricks. Its all tarped up now, so I can't quickly take a photo, but they will be captured by two ordinary bricks mortared with the real stuff later. Its testing me!!
It should all work out eventually, I suppose if it was easy, anyone could do it.
That clay is surprisingly good at holding stuff where you put it though.
The vermicrete came up as rough as rough, but a 1/4 inch skim of clay sorted it out. Any biggish holes just filled with clay.
I'm not even that concerned about it getting wet once its done. I think it'd pretty much have to fill the floor up first, which is quite a bit of water.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
sorry for flogginfg the same horse ......trap the brick in front otherwise heat will expand you hearth bricks the resulting gapes will pack down with ash in the end moving the front out....? Regardless how tight your saw cuts ..contain the hearth is what I would aim for.

Regard dave
Old 04-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

"I can see what they say about drying the floor. There must be a gallon or two of water in there"

That's about right. For every 20 litres of vermiculite it will take around 6 litres of water. Just ask yourself how long it would take to boil dry a container of 6 litres of water. Now that you have covered it the weather won't do much to dry it, so expect your drying out to be slow.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday
sorry for flogginfg the same horse ......trap the brick in front otherwise heat will expand you hearth bricks the resulting gapes will pack down with ash in the end moving the front out....? Regardless how tight your saw cuts ..contain the hearth is what I would aim for.

Regard dave

Trust me, it will be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotavidone View Post
they will be captured by two ordinary bricks mortared with the real stuff later.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Master Builder

Got an arch now. Seems to stand up by itself OK. I've covered it wit a damp sheet, and giving it a day to set up properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Oven on wheels-arch.jpg