Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Humor (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f42/)
-   -   The Great Lame Challenge (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f42/great-lame-challenge-18832.html)

navyintel 01-12-2013 09:37 AM

The Great Lame Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
Rube Goldberg has nothing on us!

The challenge: Create a lame (a bread docking blade with handle) using odd or unusual materials.

This not a contest, but a way of sparking creativity and problem solving and also, maybe, either a way to get a great lame for your use, or a complete waste of time....You be the judge!

Try to use a securly attached double edged blade since they are the sharpest. It should have a handle. It should should cause people to smile, or make them say to themselves "I can do that."

I will put up the first image that I posted on "what I cooked last night."

Are you game for this? Or what.

brickie in oz 01-12-2013 11:32 PM

Re: The Great Lame Challenge

I think it is a lame challenge.

navyintel 01-13-2013 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lets try this again.

This one is for "Brickie In OZ"

I believe an object that maybe unfamiliar to him, but he can search the internet for something that looks like this handle.

Faith In Virginia 01-13-2013 10:48 AM

I liked the bone but that one is cute also. Perhaps an electric tooth brush could help in the scoring. They even have ones that sing songs as you use them.

navyintel 01-13-2013 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one is for "Laurentius" yet another use for chopsticks - kind of like japanese duck tape.

Laurentius 01-13-2013 03:32 PM

hehheheheheh. Smart Navy Guy, you are crusing for a brusing, do you really want Al and I to double team you. Now you being a Navy guy and all, you must construct one fitted to that infamous Navy Barrel, I hear so much talk about. As for a Japanese styled lame, a trashy tie, wouldn't do, it need to be more wabi-sabi, maybe shibari?

Faith In Virginia 01-13-2013 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was in the Navy so I know how Navyintel works. So this ones for you Navyintel.

Funny thing is it went in real easy but took pliers to get out...think I grabbed bone.

navyintel 01-13-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia (Post 144015)
I was in the Navy so I know how Navyintel works. So this ones for you Navyintel.

Funny thing is it went in real easy but took pliers to get out...think I grabbed bone.

Ouch!

By the way - Imagery Analyst- good job

brickie in oz 01-13-2013 11:10 PM

I want to see one on the end of a rifle Homer style, I dont have one so Ill have to wait for some one else to do it. :)

navyintel 01-14-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickie in oz (Post 144020)
I want to see one on the end of a rifle Homer style, I dont have one so Ill have to wait for some one else to do it. :)

Funniest Simpson's episode is Season 9 Episode 19: "Simpson Tide" Homer joins the Naval Reserve. You can find snippets on Youtube.

Try your hand at a lame - try not to have an unfortunate outcome like the previous submission.