Old 12-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Before and after pics

Mark

Quote:
am a Graphic artist for computerized embroidery
Strange coincidence, my wife loves and teaches computerized embroidery for the domestic machines, the expensive Pfaff and Bernina's especially.
I am the computer guru who produces the vector art for them. She has just ordered a Nolting 24" quilting machine from the States and I guess I will be doing all of their specialty designs and patterns output through a cutter and ponced onto paper for the quilting to occur before she progress to an Intelliquilter.
I also play (but only very occasionally) with my forge, but haven't been tempted to make boxes with my woodworking equipment. I prefer to make reproduction furniture, tabes, tallboys, beds etc for 'special people' just like you.
Thanks for he insight. More of us should show off our 'other side'.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Before and after pics

Neil..
small small world it really is... The digitizing software I use actually comes form Australia, A company called Wilcom, though I believe they were recently taken over by Corel.... I would love to have a Pfaff they are a great machine but here in the U.S. ridiculosly overpriced... Here are a few embroideries i did from my collection,,, I like doing portraits,, seeing if i can get the details in..enjoy
cheers
mark

Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

My wife has some software where she scans in a picture, converts it to grayscale and then stitches it out with her older machine.
Quite clever and different to many other patterns and styles.
She is and has been all her life a fan of Elvis and played around with this picture. Sorry about the image quality but a rushed pic. She also mounted the embroidery, made the frame, cut the glass and hung it. A very talented, determined and capable lady.

Neill

PS. Mark, the Bernina is now a much better machine than the Pfaff since the one company now owns Singer and Husquana and has gone cheap in quality when compared to what it was.
Attached Thumbnails
Before and after pics-embroided-elvis-web.jpg  

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Last edited by nissanneill; 12-31-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Before and after pics

hey neil,, the pic looks good,, Many of the scan and design programs were scrapped as most didnt work well,, apparently the one you have does,, stuff like that is incredibly hard to digitize.. she is doing a great job

Cheers
Mark
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Mark,
the wife's looking over my shoulder and says that the programme is a Pfaff programme called 'Picture stitch'.
You should see some of the jobs that she is doing at present for one of the grand daughters and will also use it in her adult classes and maybe sell the designs later. I'll post some pics on their completion.

Neill

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway