Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Humor (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f42/)
-   -   ***Bad DaY*** (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f42/bad-day-8828.html)

ThisOldGarageNJ 11-15-2009 04:35 AM

***Bad DaY***

This is my definition of a bad day.... Driving to pick up sawdust for a beerkeg stove im working on,,Someone hit me and threw me into a spin,, which spun me into a concrete divider doing 50 mph The pictures say the rest... I came out a little bruised and battered but basically unhurt.. I will miss my truck that so willfully helped build my brick oven as well as many other proects..11 years old with 128,000 miles on it,,,, still had a lot of life left... and it was hit and run,, none of the witness could get a license plate....

On the bright side, I am going car shopping tomorrow

I posted this in humor as I am really not hurt that bad and my daughter is happy I will finally be buying a new truck... so I guess the joke's on me...
Hope the insurance kicks me some decent money

mfiore 11-15-2009 06:28 AM

Re: ***Bad DaY***

Wow. That is a bad day! Glad you're okay.

cannyfradock 11-15-2009 08:19 AM

Mark

Sorry to hear aboat your little dilemma. Good to hear that there were no serious injuries, but a bummer nevertheless. Shame because it looked like a nice little truck.

Best of luck on your new choice.

Terry (C.F)

ThisOldGarageNJ 11-15-2009 04:48 PM

Thanks Guys,,

Terry,,, that was a great truck,,, I wish i could tell you the amount of crap I hauled with it,, I actually wish I knew ???

Life goes on right !!!!

Archena 11-15-2009 06:21 PM

"Alas, poor Truck. I knew him, Horatio..."

Glad you're okay.

nissanneill 11-15-2009 06:45 PM

ThisOldGarage

Looks like another project just sitting there ready for commencement....a truck rebuild.
Most looks like 'bolt on panels' with a little re-alignment! It wouldn't be any harder than building an oven for some.
Anyway, with so few miles on the clock and as I believe the excess of the petrol guzzler vehicles, you should be able to get another good body and just swap the better mechanicals over. All in a weekend's work!

Neill

PS. Good to see that those airbags were deployed and no serious injuries occurred.

egalecki 11-16-2009 05:28 PM

Wow. I'm glad you're ok!

ThisOldGarageNJ 11-16-2009 07:05 PM

Thanks alll it is appreciated.. had to go to dr. today some possible rotator cuff damage and knee problem, but basically nothing some therapy and heating pads wont cure i think

Thanks again
Mark

BurntFingers 11-18-2009 01:45 PM

I hope you are not hurt too bad. Those Jersey drivers sometimes can be aggressive and troublesome. What Exit? GSP or NJTpk? Hopefully not a local street at 50.

ThisOldGarageNJ 11-18-2009 02:15 PM

hey burnt,,
rt 80 w in paterson,,, right past elmwood park.. still sore,, thank god they make pills for that and getting x rayed tomorrow for the shoulder and knee

Thanks
Mark