Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Wood-Fired Oven and Cooking Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Serf

Default Re: Oven Firing Video

James,

Great vid. I also would be interested in knowing the kind of wood used, and tips in getting it to light and burn so easily. Also it looked like to cut/chopped the wood into about 2-3" wide pieces.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Master Builder

Great video James, finally I can see how it is suppose to be done. Seriously, it's good to see the process in order to avoid frustrating mistakes. My only comment was that I had trouble hearing your voice at times, especially when you were bending over taking the temperatures.

Flegreo - the secret is dry wood and forearm size pieces, preferably split. Once the oven is hot, the wood should burst into flames almost immediately when added to the fire.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yeah, small wood. Both half-cords I bought (sorta ) are intended for fireplaces and I spend an unfortunately large amount of time chopping it down to much small pieces. Once an oven is 1000 degrees, wood that size catches fire in about five seconds, seriously. It's kind of frightening frankly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Serf

i ll read it fully next time

The sun on the paint on the window, My sweating forehead over the candle in a wine bottle

Old 04-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Serf

I saw the video and it is wonderful as well as helpful too.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Peasant

Thanks James, great video, I don't recall you saying 'um' at al

It's great to see the process in action for those of us who are new to woodfired ovens.

Cheers,

tim