Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My KitchenAid Mixer

Ozzy is a good solution...

My KA is loud too, I don't know what kind of gears she has, but I haven't managed to kill her yet and I've had her seven years. I named her Dinah. I never figured a mixer that size was gonna be quiet, somehow...

You know the trouble for me with the other choices? I can't get them in the pretty green color Dinah is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Elizabeth,

If your KA is 7 years old, I suspect you have the metal gearbox.

The plastic box was a short-lived, cost-saving blunder that caused Kichenaid to earn a huge black mark on their reputation.

I think it only lasted 2-3 model years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Apprentice

I have both the KA and Electrolux. My (wifes) KA is about 15 years old and works fine, but is a little 'capacity' limited. She loves it for her chocolate chips cookies and mashed potatoes. I started making dough with the KA, then I went to my 10 cup Cuisenart with a dough blade and then decided that I needed bigger batches. My DLX is pretty much dedicated to dough. It works flawlessly, quietly, and has great capacity. My largest batch was just under 11#, and aside from managing the dough to keep it in the bowl, it works great. The speeds are relatively slow (40-150rpm, I believe) and it's amazing to watch the dough come together, but I don't have the ability to post video.