Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > General Building and Construction

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Wateproofing & steam vent in dome

All useful tips and ideas, I love this site.

I already have a "vent" where steam could work its way out where I insert my thermometer. This is about half way up the dome. Do you think this would be enough or should I also have a hole at the top?

Applied the waterproofing yesterday, and guess what? It absolutely hammererd down rain all night (not forecasted). Think someone standing on the roof and hosing my oven with a Karcher and you will have an idea of the rain. Absolute disaster and have to start again (once I clean up the mess).

Happy days.

Jase
Old 06-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wateproofing & steam vent in dome

This is just my personal opinion. A vent will work the best if it is at the apex of the dome. I think that any vent, any where, will relieve pressure. But, the apex is the place to relieve moisture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.