Old 07-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Invisible Fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfiore View Post
I twisted the wires together (not like a bread twist tie), coated in vaseline, put on a shrink wrap, heated with my wifes hair dryer (worked well enough). Finished it with a coat of a liquid vinyl seal. Worked well.

Thanks all!
Damn - that probably exceeds mil spec.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Serf

Thumbs up Re: Invisible Fence

I know that the work is done now, but if anyone runs into issues with an invisible fence wire again, there is a simpler way...you can order a repair kit with the 14 gauge Polyethylene wire, wire nuts, and waterproof splice tubes from my website. Strip the ends of the replacement section of wire and the adjoining wire on each side of the break...twist together in "pigtail" fashion, screw on the wire nut, tie an overhand knot about six inches above the connection, then plunge each connection into the splice tube (jelly filled) and snap the top closed. This is how the original spices in the system perimeter should have been done and is the preferred repair method of professional pet containment companies. The kits can be found here at fencebylance.com/repair.html Hope this is useful to someone, better yet, hope no wires get cut!
Lance Sinkowski