Old 03-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: hardwood flooring project

Dalucca

doubt it is a "real" hardwood floor that is going on-top of a cement slab. You are looking at tha few mils sheet for moisture barier. Then a thin but dense layer than provides a "floating" platform (platform is the wrong adjative) and then on top of that your Pergo or some other style of flooring. Al told probably around 1/3 inch thick. probably a ramp like strip of hardwood may do the trick. <=====>
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: hardwood flooring project - Results

Well - the project went off without a hitch - well not many.

I think its a record but I did not have to make a single trip to hardware or lumber store!!!

The doorway where hardwood met hardwood was tougher than I thought. Whoever cut the tounge off of the original flooring was likely drinking on the job. It was a nice wavering cut. I used a jack plane to set up the first piece to match the crooked lines as best I could. I then cleaned it up with a random orbit sander. I managed to get 5 cuts with my plate jointer between flooring nails - I think 5 biscuits and glue should hold the edges together for quite some time.

The rest was repetition. What I thought would take 5 hrs ended up taking 8. One additional day of rental for the pnuematic flooring nailer and BFH. I'm getting a bit too old for this kind of work. Bending over or stooping for 8 hours swinging a big hammer left we walking like a rusted tin man the next day.

I ended up butting the flooring up against the marble sill plate (with a bit less than 1/8 inch gap for expansion) - lotsa nails - I think it will be fine.

Thanks for all the advice!!!

Christo
Attached Thumbnails
hardwood flooring project-flooring-003.jpg   hardwood flooring project-flooring-005.jpg   hardwood flooring project-flooring-006.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by christo; 03-05-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Serf

Default Re: hardwood flooring project

Hey Guys

I think There are so many sites over the internet for choosing Pattern for the Flooring So you may Go through it.

Thanks