Old 03-12-2014, 06:29 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Green Roofs

Picked up the growing medium yesterday. Whew! $20 for a 40 lb. bag. Just for my small job, I bought 12. Hope that's enough. Raining here today, so I will probably wait a day or so to place the medium, then it's time for some planting. Will post photos when I get some. We have some plants, but need to order more off the web and that may take a month or so until they are ready to ship. I'm sure it'll be summer before it all gets filled in and looking nice. In the meantime, I need to get to work on my WFO slab.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra
Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Journeyman

Had some time and took some pictures of the project so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Green Roofs-022.jpg   Green Roofs-024.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra
Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 AM
Journeyman

We've ordered our plants and should have them soon. We have some, but needed more. Just need some warmer weather so we can get it started. I'll post photos when we do get some plants in. It's so funny watching people drive by, wondering what the heck is that thing? They just can't figure out what is being built. I'm about ready to make a sign: "Green Roof Project". Then they will be relieved and have their curiosity satisfied. Maybe.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Journeyman

We got our plants in over the past weekend. Here are a couple of pics. Maybe now people can figure out what it is, since it now has some plants in it. It should fill in nicely over the summer. It will probably be next summer until it's completely filled in, since we mainly used plugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Green Roofs-greenroofplants1.jpg   Green Roofs-greenroofplants2.jpg  

Last edited by NCMan; 04-15-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Serf

Green roof, I am not sure of it. Is it healthy to construct? My structural engineer suggested to me try for roof with grass plates that will be more beautiful in looking and rest of the roof can be easily constructed of wood or common ailments.