Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Grill Design (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f38/)
-   -   Steam Engine BBQ (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f38/steam-engine-bbq-18980.html)

UtahBeehiver 02-20-2013 05:54 PM

Steam Engine BBQ

1 Attachment(s)
I have a coworker and friend who has been watching me build my WFO. Not to be outdone he decided to build a Steam Engine cold smoke BBQ, when done there will be a another rail car for the wood and a caboose for his kegerator. I thought I folks would appreciate his craftmanship and artwork.

Gulf 02-20-2013 06:21 PM

Re: Steam Engine BBQ

Russell,
That is sharp! Thank's for the pic. I would love to see the finished product too.
V-wiz, Any chance he is one of the Brethren :).

Les 02-20-2013 06:58 PM

That is incredibly cool! It looks like he has the shop to support the hobby.

UtahBeehiver 02-21-2013 05:45 AM

I'll pass the compliments on to my buddy (mate for you southern hemi folks). His project is his stress management out and he does have an impressive man cave full of all sorts of tools and toys. I will post pics as he hits other milestones in his build. I am quite looking forward to seeing his kegeratror train car. We are trading BBQ dinners for WFO pies:)

BTW, we are both in the pipeline business and most of the material is scrap pipe and recycled steel.

V-wiz 02-23-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulf (Post 146080)
Russell,
That is sharp! Thank's for the pic. I would love to see the finished product too.
V-wiz, Any chance he is one of the Brethren :).

Hiiii. I heard my name :). what about one the brethren's?

Gulf 02-24-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-wiz (Post 146254)
Hiiii. I heard my name :). what about one the brethren's?

Sorry there V-Wiz,
I should have put a question mark at the end of my post :o

I was wondering if Russell's buddy might be a brethren :confused: If not, he ought to be :) That is one fine BBQ smoker/grill!

UtahBeehiver 02-24-2013 07:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here some progress pics of the train BBQ.

V-wiz 02-24-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulf (Post 146277)
Sorry there V-Wiz,
I should have put a question mark at the end of my post :o

I was wondering if Russell's buddy might be a brethren :confused: If not, he ought to be :) That is one fine BBQ smoker/grill!

No need to be sorry. Im sure he is, that is some amazing metal work. Awesome build

UtahBeehiver 03-11-2013 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well my bro finished his the steam engine portion of his cold smoker BBQ. He is going to have it powdered coat glossy black. Choo Choo

deejayoh 03-11-2013 01:54 PM

Wow. Dunno how well it smokes, but it will certainly win prizes for build quality and creativity!