Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Commercial Pizza Ovens

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Laborer

Default Re: should I go wood?

Marge,
I agree with you 100%. We have a restaurant chain in Memphis called Amerigos that has the wood fired ovens and they do a sensational job with the cedar plank fish and pizzas.
My wood fired oven in the backyard, I wouldn't trade it for nothing. I love it. Had 17 people over Sat nite and cooked 16 pizzas in about an 1.5 hrs. We were cranking them out. They were delicious. I was hoping for some leftovers next day, but they ate everything in sight. It does help to have the Caputo flour and the best ingredients. Finding good pepperoni is critical. Some of that cheap presliced stuff in Krogers is absolutely tasteless.
Hope all is well in KC. I was born there 69 yrs ago. Great town.
Jim Bob
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Finding good pepperoni is critical. Some of that cheap presliced stuff in Krogers is absolutely tasteless.
Hi Jim,

Speaking of pepperoni and Kroger... I've been buying Boar's Head pepperoni from the Kroger deli. I have them slice it really thin. I think it's far better than any of the prepackaged stuff.

What are you using and where do you get it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Serf

peperoni pizza is really the bottom of gourmet pizza.
it is like big mac at mc donald .
be creative and educate your palate . who ever invented peperoni in this country did not do any service .
too much crap and idiotic dishes . time to evolve and change for better .
Old 02-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, angel. You are full of nice things to say.

While I'm tempted to describe the dozens of different types of pizza, casseroles and dishes my family has cooked in our WFO, I suspect none of them will meet with your approval so I won't bother.

A quick review of your 6 posts here on Forno Bravo is enlightening. You have not made ONE positive post. Every comment you have made is negative or just plain insulting.

This IS a wood fired oven forum. Are you here to learn about Wood Fired Ovens or to simply push your sophisticated continental opinions on folks that aren't interested?

(Sorry for the rant, ladies and gents. A guy can take only so much)

Updated!

Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Apprentice

I agree with you Ken. Why would anyone visit this site only to insult the people who are so passionate about their ovens. My family and neighbors absolutely love the WFO and after about a month of cooking, I am still passionate about cooking in it. All of the food cooked in it is delicious and the the pizzas are better than anything I can buy or cook in my electric oven (even my unsophisticated pallet can taste the difference).
Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Amen Steve.

Over the past several months of cooking in mine, I've found that the characteristics of the oven are completely predictable. The more we use it, the better it gets.

...and I LOVE my pepperoni

Updated!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I guess we will keep an eye on how this thread evolves. :-) Thanks for the positive input everyone.

There is one interesting development at Forno Bravo that we should note. We are in the homestretch for gaining UL, NSF and ANSI approval for the Modena G. It is a gas, gas/wood combo oven that can do it all. It can operate gas-only, wood-only or a combination of the two. Who says you can't have it all.

I will let you know when the listing is official, but the oven, the installation and operation manual and the labels have been approved, and we're down to paperwork details. This is a great commercial oven.

James

Old 02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

James,

Congratulations (and nice segue).

Cordially,
Ken
(I promise I'll behave myself from now on.)

Updated!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Serf

For our pizzeria, we're open 6 days, 11:30-2 weekdays, 5-9:30 tuesday to thursday, 5-10 Friday - Saturday.

We have a large (~10 12" pizzas with a fire constantly going) custom brick oven. We probably go through a cord of wood a week. We pay $70 canadian per cord.

http://www.myspace.com/terracottapizza
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Apprentice

Angry Re: should I go wood?

Well I haveto chime in on this thread ...as they say in Napoli ma che cazz sta a di stu strunz francese, perhaps he should drive to Napoli and INLIGHTEN HIS taste buds and educate HIS PALATE some, and get that creamy gurmet stuff out of his palate. we dont need a french disrespectfull dufus commenting on PIZZA, maybe in france your using electric ovens but not in pizza country!!!!!!!!!!!!! electric oven ba humbug