Old 11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Serf

Default Re: Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??

Here's some of our bread at the market and a pepperoni pizza....
Attached Thumbnails
Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??-buble-24-sept-2010-028.jpg   Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??-buble-24-sept-2010-029.jpg   Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??-buble-24-sept-2010-030.jpg   Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??-buble-24-sept-2010-031.jpg   Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??-dscf3480.jpg  

Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Serf

AndrewPizza: what was your eventual solution to the disintigrating floor problem?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Master Builder

Yes, have you found a solution to your problem?

That bread and pizza looks wonderful. Thanks for the pictures.

It's lunch time and I'm hungry. I wonder how much of a lunch break I would need to run out and get some of your pizza. It's only about 3,500 miles or so.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi guys,

James here. Andrew, your pizza and bread look great, and I really like the feel of your restaurant. Excellent! You will hear from the FB UK guys soon (you may have already heard from them). We are showing your pictures to the factory in Italy, and getting their input on what they think is happening and what we need to do about it. This is the first time we have seen this happen and there is a very large number of these ovens in the field. Of course you should keep using the oven -- and we are going to do what it takes to make it 100% right for you. The floor is nearly 2 3/4" thick and it is designed to last at least 10+ years. Keep cooking!

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 11-30-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Serf

Thanks James,
We are still cooking, with the fire moved to a different part of the oven. Strangely, since we moved the fire to the other side, the oven is performing better, more consistent heat, and getting up to our preferred heat 700F quicker. Not sure if it is recommended to move the fire frequently?? Anyway, we're still open for business and pizza is still delicious.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Serf

Still no word from FB UK guys. I went with my initial idea and got a heavy steel tray made up at a local boat yard to hold the fire. I would recommend this to any commercial user, not sure if it has solved my disintegrating floor problem but it keeps the oven so clean and free of ashes, stops round logs rolling out of the fire, its brilliant!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??-dscf3614.jpg   Modena140 Wood - Floor disintegrating under fire??-dscf3613.jpg  
Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Sorry that FB UK has not been in touch. That is not good. I will remind them.

I like your ash guard idea. Very thoughtful.

James

Old 04-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Serf

Well, the oven is now 10 months old and floor is still crumbling. I'm considering
shuttering off a lip at the front of the oven and pouring a new floor.
Has anyone ever tried this? I,m not sure how thick I should pour it or how long to let it set.
I think the current prefabricated floor may not have been properly set, or may have been affected by cold while setting. Theres litterally hundreds of hairline cracks now and every day another few bits come out. I want to avoid this with a poured floor. I'm gonna have to do something before busy summer season.
Any suggestions please?
Thank you!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi guys,

In order for our customer service staff to work with Forno Bravo customers efficiently, you need to contact us by phone and/or send us an email at info@fornobravo.com or info@fornobravo.co.uk. That way we can help you address your questions as quickly as possible. The FB Forum is a great resource for sharing ideas and connecting with other oven owners, but we cannot guarantee a timely response to every posting and specific answers to specific product questions.

In this particular case you need to continue working with Forno Bravo UK and directly with the oven manufacturer -- something that is already happening. That way you can get qualified support from the oven designers and official repair service.

Any time someone has a question regarding one of our oven, you should get in touch with our service department directly, we will do everything possible to answer your questions and address your problems.

Thanks,
James

Old 04-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Master Builder

Wow!!! I thought you had that fixed last year. I thought you were in contact with Forno Bravo for the repairs. Well give them a go and see what they say. Be sure to let us know what's going on so perhaps we all can learn something new.

Have you considered setting a thin layer of firebrick tile on the floor or do you like the solid surface.

It would not be good to serve a customer a piece of your oven floor. I have broken teeth "finding things" in my food. It can also hurt your business if too many crunchies are found.

Good luck keep us informed.

Tags
commercial, cracks, floor, modena, wood