Old 10-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

Wow - in Topeka - which is not very big compared to LA and a lot of other cities has no taco trucks and NO good pizza. The best deal on pizza is going to Sam's club. It's cheap and not any better than the more expensive places like Papa John's. Not saying much, is it?
There's this new place that people are raving about - it's very bland and they sprinkle italian seasoning on top, so it tastes like very bland pizza with Italian seasoning sprinkled on. ha!
Yeah, Topeka, Kansas, is not exactly a place to go for any culinary delights.

c
Old 10-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Peasant

Hmmm...and I've been wondering what to do with this old ('73) Dodge E350 with a 17' home on it. Maybe a winter project?
Old 11-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilB View Post
Wow - in Topeka - which is not very big compared to LA and a lot of other cities has no taco trucks and NO good pizza. The best deal on pizza is going to Sam's club. It's cheap and not any better than the more expensive places like Papa John's. Not saying much, is it?
There's this new place that people are raving about - it's very bland and they sprinkle italian seasoning on top, so it tastes like very bland pizza with Italian seasoning sprinkled on. ha!
Yeah, Topeka, Kansas, is not exactly a place to go for any culinary delights.

c
It sounds like exactly where I live! our population is 13,000 and the average attendance for our High school football game is 13,500...no kidding, they are also ranked 17th in the nation this year.

Our pizza situation is also as bad as yours, the pizza that EVERYONE here loves is the equivalent of Pizza Hut but with a cardboard crust. they sell it at exorbitant prices so only the rich folk can go there and pretend to enjoy their very expensive cardboard crust
Old 01-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Serf

Does anybody have any company names or areas in france where these pizza vans are fitted out,,I have a trailer and am wanting to put a pizza oven in it ...live in england but dont mind travelling
Old 02-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencookie View Post
Your health dept must be asleep ( don't wake them up )

I am building a mobile jam making kitchen. Just your basic squished fruit, pectin and sugar. However, I have to have 7 sinks!!!!

1 wash sink
1 rinse sink
1 sanitize sink
1 hand wash sink
1 food prep sink
1 mop sink
1 floor sink

All of the plumbing has requirements about direct and indirect plumbing as well. I must live in one of the most paranoid counties in the US.
All of those regulations are going to sink the project. Our government stifles originality.