Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: hybrid

http://reverso2.com/ri45r/ASP/url/result.asp?directions=1034$1033$1&templates=Genera l&motsinconnus=false&autotranslate=on&baseurl=http ://reverso2.com/ri45r/ASP/url/result.asp&url=http%3A//www.hornosartesanos.com/hh-meneses.htm

James,
If the above link does not work follow the link in reply #5 by jengineer. This is what I am referring to for this post. I have seen similar concepts but I think this is the best so far.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Sorry guys,
I was a little slow on the uptake on this one. That is a very cool oven.

The comments that you should move the vent out of the oven chamber makes a lot of sense. You lose heat out the vent when you are doing live-fire cooking. Also, you have to make sure you have a serious damper on the chimney, or the oven will keep breathing, even when you close the door -- so it might be a little harder to control. Maybe.

I also agree with the concerns whether the fire below will be hot enough to bake real pizza. It's a cool way of heating the oven for lower temperature baking -- bread, roasts, etc., and you have a lot of firing and heat opens. But I don't think it will get hot enough to make Italian pizza.

Nice find. They did a great job, and it was fun looking around the hornos web site site. There's a long tradition there. Very cool.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Master Builder

James,
The photos posted on the website Uno posted showed the firebox or burner as the mason called it directly under the floor of the oven. It vented into the oven chamber at the back and then out through a chimney near the front(not through the door). In one of the pictures the flames from the fire below were up in the oven chamber. It was quite an interesting design and apparently from a guy who never did this before.
Hope that clarifies things a bit for you. I had the same density issue until I saw the photos.
Dutch
Didn't get the newest post when I checked...so obviously my message is a mute one...sorry

Last edited by Dutchoven; 06-22-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: ???????