Old 11-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: How to gain experience?

If you can find a WFO pizzaeria in your area,,, go in and ask to intern ?? part time job etc..

Practice makes perfect...

Cheers
Mark
Old 02-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Apprentice

How much time do you have...are you currently working to support yourself...what is your startup budget and reserves? I come from a business/ self employed background, have had 2 pizzarias and fought my way into a market...besides knowing how to run your ovens, make dough and develop a product, you must handle the financial end....that's where most businesses fail.
Can you go to work for your local competitor to see how much business there is available? Will the pizza shop be your main source of income? I don't expect you to answer these questions here, just making sure you know the answers yourself. I want to see every small business succeed !

all the best,
Roger
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Peasant

Pizzamikeman
My goal is to have a mobile oven ,probably a FB 100 or 110.
Any sugestions on the sanitation " hot and cold water" I could use a portible power generator for power .
Thanks for any info
Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

You can buy an over the side water heater but you'll need a metal or ceramic sink (or equivalent) to use it (pickle buckets need not apply - bad, bad things happen).

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 03-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Peasant

I would use the casa2g model 100 also I am working on a proto type with heating the water using the oven heat, also keep in mind you will have to add fresh and grey water tanks and a pump.
pizzamanmike
Old 03-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Peasant

I also considered running piping in the hearth floor .
Thanks for the other advice.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Master Builder

There is a portable on demand heater product somewhere. My brother has mentioned it and he is planning on using it in a lunch truck. As far as I know it can be hooked up to a garden hose.
Best
Dutch