get a Vulcan
Old 11-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: gas vs. electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
get a Vulcan
I didnt know Mr Spock cooked pizzas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock dude View Post
Thanks guys. The commercial electric ovens, such as Bakers Pride and Pizza Master get up to 800 degrees. Any body have restaurant experience with these or other electric deck ovens? I am looking for HOT!
If you want an electric oven, check out "Sveba Dahlen" I am using their "Classic Pizza" model until I can get a Gas/Wood Forno-Bravo oven in here, and find an insurer to sign off on it.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
I suggest moving to another state....then build a wood fired oven
Wood-fired ovens are permitted in WA. Last month my wife and I ate at The Rock (The Rock Wood Fired Pizza & Spirits) restaurant in Federal Way, which boasted two wood-fired ovens (one for standard pizzas and a separate one for gluten free and vegetarian). Hanging out by the main oven, I had all of my questions graciously answered by a young pizzaiolo who even drug out a 50lb bag of their 'house' flour for me to peruse. (The label said 'Packed for the Rock Restaurants' and didn't say what kind of flour it was).

The most interesting explanation of the main oven's operation was that the dome was wood-fired while the one-piece floor was heated underneath via gas.

Of course, I had to order the California Dreamin' pie (a white pizza with chicken, fresh pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic and mozzarella), and IMHO, the crust was not as good as what I get from 750-800F-cooked pies made at home.

Perhaps you can research WFO permits in the state, and if possible, go the WFO route. As Brickie says, I don't think you can simulate a real woofer.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Apprentice

again...build a brick oven and fire it with gas if you can't do wood..

My 81 inch first build;

My 52 inch mobile;

our FB page;