Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Pizza Ovens (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/)
-   -   Favorite Pizza Toppings (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/favorite-pizza-toppings-2558.html)

phillip 09-13-2007 02:47 AM

Favorite Pizza Toppings

A few weeks ago I had a wood fired pizza it was very nice, no tomato or mozzarella, just Prosciutto lightly stewed Pear and Gorgonzola.

Do you have a favorite topping?

thebadger 09-14-2007 07:17 PM

Re: Favorite Pizza Toppings

I haven't built my oven yet, but have been making homemade pizza for years. (after reading the wood fired manual I realized I have a lot to learn).

Anyway our family favorite is our "Seafood Pizza" - made one tonight:

Homemade Pesto sauce
Shrimp and imitation crab meat
Red onions
Fresh garlic slices
MozzaCheese and sometime a little Asiago

BrianShaw 09-14-2007 08:07 PM

My 3 faves:

Provolone and Pancetta.

Smoked Mozz and funghi.

Apple, gorgonzola, and walnut with pesto sauce.

CSWolffe 10-03-2007 05:10 PM

Diced tomatoes, Mozzeralla, fresh basil. The original is almost always the best.

RTflorida 10-03-2007 09:58 PM

Although I love most anything on pizza; from shrooms to peppers to goat cheese to any pork, beef, or veal product, onions, or a simple drizzle of EVO with a little garlic and "spice concoction".
I have to side with CS. There is just something special about good fresh tomatoes (San Marzano), fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves I just snipped out back, heck you can't beat those 3 items just on a plate with a good balsamic. MMMMMMMMMMM

Bacterium 10-04-2007 04:31 AM

My current favourite is:
tomato sauce on first, then Anchovy fillets, capsicum & mozarella

Cheese Kransky is nice instead of anchovies

Kemo 10-08-2007 01:46 PM

no red sauce, olive oil instead. layer the rest in order...

parmesean, basil, garlic powder, mozzarella, sautee'd red onion, roasted red pepper, more mozzarella

oventhusiast 10-11-2007 04:53 PM

I'm with CS! Tomato. cheese, basil. Ohmygod!:eek: I gotta go order a pizza 'till my oven cures!

Brauma 10-12-2007 06:44 PM

Its so hard to stop at a few. I make my own garlic powder (see my profile) so I always load it up with garlic.

I also like onions, 'shrooms and peperoni.

angel40204 07-18-2008 05:09 AM

doesn't matter the topping if it is not prepared properly. raw mushrooms and bell peppers on the pizza is quick and unsavory . like onions . like some cheese require different baking temperature .
just because it is a favorite topping , does not mean it will taste well on any pizza. i can present the most tasty toppings and make the worst pizza .